An S197 Forum First? (100K Coyote Club)

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Welp. It finally happened. The ole YB Coyote hit 100K mi. on my way home from work today. I've got a new set of plugs sitting on my desk and got the car scheduled for a tranny and diff drain/fill and coolant flush. Other than that it runs like a champ. Everything works, no one ever assumes the car has more than 50K mi. on it inside or out. Only thing is the little triangle piece in the corner of the driver window that has the mirror adjustment knob on it is loose.

Any other coyotes at 100K mi. or more?

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Welp. It finally happened. The ole YB Coyote hit 100K mi. on my way home from work today. I've got a new set of plugs sitting on my desk and got the car scheduled for a tranny and diff drain/fill and coolant flush. Other than that it runs like a champ. Everything works, no one ever assumes the car has more than 50K mi. on it inside or out. Only thing is the little triangle piece in the corner of the driver window that has the mirror adjustment knob on it is loose.

Any other coyotes at 100K mi. or more?

Congrats! Nice to see some well maintained Coyotes making it. We had a 2012 at our dealership a few months back with 112k, but it was rough as can be.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Are people really surprised these vehicles manufactured today are making it 100K+ miles with no issue when maintained? It's 2016, they should last to 500K easy lol.

I'll have to get some pictures of it when I get back bro!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Awesome! I know some people have the 5.0 in the trucks up near or at 200k, so you should be good!
I don't think it's a reliability thing that keeps mustang mileages low. I think it's people buying them that don't daily drive the fun car.

I'm a hair over 60k right now. I doubt I'll keep it to 100.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice to see some well maintained Coyotes making it. We had a 2012 at our dealership a few months back with 112k, but it was rough as can be.

Yeah, it's almost blasphemous to see Mustangs in such condition.

Awesome! I know some people have the 5.0 in the trucks up near or at 200k, so you should be good!

That's true! I can't say that I've seen any personally, but I'm glad you have!

Are people really surprised these vehicles manufactured today are making it 100K+ miles with no issue when maintained? It's 2016, they should last to 500K easy lol.

I'll have to get some pictures of it when I get back bro!

I mean, with the advances in modern science, and my high level of income, it's not crazy to think that I could live to be 245, maybe 300.

Sound good, brother!

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
I'm at 95k, and it had 65k when I bought it in January last year. These cars hold up very well. I sell cars for a living and I see 30k mile cars on our lot that are way rougher than my 95k mile car. I'm still on the original clutch, no slipping or chattering, but I'll probably be doing a clutch soon anyways.

EDIT: I did my plugs at 80k though, had some misfire issues. Tranny fluid was done at about 80k as well, I'll probably be doing it again here soon along with the diff and coolant.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my 2008 has 21,000 on it... :cheers:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm at 95k, and it had 65k when I bought it in January last year. These cars hold up very well. I sell cars for a living and I see 30k mile cars on our lot that are way rougher than my 95k mile car. I'm still on the original clutch, no slipping or chattering, but I'll probably be doing a clutch soon anyways.

EDIT: I did my plugs at 80k though, had some misfire issues. Tranny fluid was done at about 80k as well, I'll probably be doing it again here soon along with the diff and coolant.

Yes, they do hold up very well. It's awesome. I'm on the original clutch too. I bought mine at 70K, and I had it ran through the shop before hand.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha, my 05 mustang only has 40K on it, but my 2011 F350 has 115K. People think the truck is brand new too. My last truck had 208K on it when I traded it in for the F350.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Not there yet, it just turn over 69k (yes, really) this week. Still feels like a new car.

travelers

Reaction score
Congrats, my '11 is still wet behind the tires as it only has 16K. I put about 5K a year so I won't be hitting that mark for another 16+years 2036. I may have to have a automatic installed by then....Hahahah

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
36k on my '13.
Was driving it a lot, but with the house renovation going on last year, I didn't even put 4k miles on it in '15 ..... hope '16 will be different, but so far I don't think I've put 300 miles on it yet ...

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
36k on my '13.
Was driving it a lot, but with the house renovation going on last year, I didn't even put 4k miles on it in '15 ..... hope '16 will be different, but so far I don't think I've put 300 miles on it yet ...

If I had a blower on mine, I wouldn't be able to stay out of the car.

MechE

forum member
Reaction score
How is everyone's front end holding up? Wheel bearings, shocks, rod ends, ball joints, hydraulic bushings, upper mounts? The track guys consider this stuff wear items. Same for 100k DD cars? I've never replaced any of these in my previous cars but I have almost convinced myself I need to start soon.

Back