Another slow but steady AirLift install

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Finely got started on my AirLift system,First off I want to thank Scott for all the help and info he's provided to me. This is going to be slow a slow , but steady project,Just according how hard the dizzy spells hit and since I'm having to remove all the trunk audio panels,disconnecting amps,labeling all wires to re-connect everything back after the airlift install.
Before tear down

project tear down

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
All rear interior removed, didn't realize it could get so dirty under the seats and panels, will have to clean this up completely before seats and panels go back in.
before interior removed

After

Last edited:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the results James. Good luck!

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Jaye and Scott,Scott I appreciate all the info you have shared with me. Jaye I thank you for all the info you have helped me with on other stuff. so many good members here.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Very interested to see what solution you come up with all that audio gear back there.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Very interested to see what solution you come up with all that audio gear back there.

yes, you and me both.hehehe.. I'm going to put the air tank in the same location as Scott did, but the air compressors is where I'm trying to figure where to put them, going to be just one compressor for now, but plan on putting another one in shorty after. if I'd had the money for the mini amps at this time, I know what I'd do, but I don't, so not worried with it at the moment.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Well didn't get much done today except for sending the air tank AirLift to exchange it for the 2 1/2 gal polished unit. Worked on my moms riding mower for her, adjusted the vales,changed her fuel filter and air breather filter,took off the gas tank and emptied it out and cleaned it of spiders, all done and lawnmower is running right. Then once got home few minutes ago I pulled car up on my DIY ramps, will put the car on jack stands tomorrow,remove wheels and start my front and rear struts install.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Well the front struts are done except for running the air lines to the trunk, 2 1/2 gal tank will be here some time this coming week. Didn't realize how dirty my car is till working on it. I almost have the rear section done, just waiting on the air tank so I can have a correct measurement for the air lines.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
The front struts wasn't to hard to do, just remember to remove both end links on each side before trying to install the shorter Air Lift ones on the new struts. I think to make the install go faster,would be to take both factory struts off on each side before installing the Air Lift struts.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Doing the rear struts and bags are a little harder,but still not that bad. If i had this project to do back four yrs ago before my work accident , it would have went a lot faster to complete. ( yes, I will be cleaning the dirt on the inside before the seats and interior pieces go back in.)

The first challenge was removing the factory struts in such a tight space because of sub box being in the way.I was able to get this done by using a boxed end 15mm ratchet wrench and a small pair of vice grips.
passenger side

drivers side

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Coming along nicely James!

Thanks Scott, your thread helped me greatly:hi:
I've got all bolts on the front struts and end links torqued. I've done all the rear stuff, bags and shocks ready to tighten down, just waiting on my air tank to arrive and I'm having to wait on a air line cutter,since it wasn't in the kit that I got. but so far everything else seems to be there.Even if I did have the cutter,I'd be waiting on the tank to get here to finish the install,don't want to make the mistake of not having enough air line, because I jumped the gun.If everything goes right I'm hoping to have the install done some time this week/weekend..

before

drivers side

bottom shock bolt removed

passenger side spring removed

cut drivers side bump stop,then installed the air bag

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Passenger bump stop cut ( going to put something in front of the air bag and trim/even up the bump stops on each side) and air bag installed.. bottom of both air bags is screwed down,but I left the top part loose to add air lines.

The passenger shock

I had to clamp the vice grips just under the metal cup piece where the arrow is pointing and then finish taking off the shock not from the inside location.. got lucky it worked like a charm..

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Well no progress this week so far, still waiting on my air tank and a few other stuff to get here,so looks like might be next week before get the shipment to get back started on this project.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
The polished aluminum 2 1/2 air tank will be here some time tomorrow.. Thanks Jeremy for taking care of this for me...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back