Another slow but steady AirLift install

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Well polished air tank arrived today , I did a test fit for both the air tank and air compressor,should be no problem,I'm going to run my air filter for the compressor to a different location. this air tank weighs only 5 lbs. But I'll have to get a longer air leader line because of compressor location.

compressor test fit location

tank location

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
ordered a 36 inch long air leader hose for the air compressor. Going to finish mounting everything and connect everything except for the compressor air leader hose,this way I can get this project finished before cold weather sets in.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
You're in Georgia, there is no cold weather. Hell winter is when I do most of my projects.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
End of October? I was washing my car outside last thanksgiving. You're a hair north of me by about 20 miles, but I've never worn more than a light jacket since I moved here. So many winter coats in my closet that just hang there.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
End of October? I was washing my car outside last thanksgiving. You're a hair north of me by about 20 miles, but I've never worn more than a light jacket since I moved here. So many winter coats in my closet that just hang there.

Some times towards end of Oct it get's colder than others, just not wanting to take chances this time,plus with dizzy spells,I have to take my time when bending over or looking straight up. The dizzy spells come and go,so it's always a hit and miss. I agree with Ga weather,some times it's cold ,but not to cold to do stuff, then other times it's below freezing. You must have moved down here from the North.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Yea Northern Indiana. Aside from the snow/ice that shut the city down I can count the number of "winter days" on one hand in the 2 years I've been here.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Well after a test fit of the amp cover over the air tank,I figured I'd place air compressor on top of it and I think after looking at it, I'm going to mount the air compressors on each side like in the picture.

test fit, rear cover that's around the sub is off in this picture

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing done in the last few days, I had other stuff around the house had to get done, had to change elements in water heater,remove all the lime deposits in water heater, change pop off valve and pressure valve to the house went bad ,so replaced it also. just so much going on lately, if I get over this lite dizzy spell then I'm back to working on my car.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
well worked on the car a little bit on Saturday, mounted the air lines manifold. made a mounting bracket out of wood,it was either wood or aluminum , but I didn't have any aluminum laying around. I hope to finish the the air ride project this coming week.

close up

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
More progress pictures, After the 18AWG pink wire from the Air Lift harness was extracted from the wire loom and routed to the driver’s side FPDM and tapped to the white wire on the FPDM harness,I then routed the Air Lift wire loom along with the air line from the trunk area to the passenger side through the firewall out to the battery compartment.

I then wire tied both the passenger front air line to the strut and Air Lift wire loom as I then proceeded to remove the battery and battery tray to rout the loom to battery compartment. Since replacement battery is smaller than the original battery,I drilled a small hole to run the loom through for connection of the Air Lift power & ground wires to battery. I then crimped the ATC Fuse holder w/ cap to the red Air Lift wire on one end and a ring terminal on the other end ,at that time I crimped a ring terminal to the black Air Lift wire.I then re-installed the battery tray and battery and connected the red Air Lift wire to the positive post and the black Air Lift wire to the neg post.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Air Lift wire loom wire tied

passenger kick panel back in place

carpet put back in place

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
trunk area finished except for putting in push pins on plastic rear piece

I took night pictures with the leds turned on, but they just aren't clear enough to show, will take more night pictures once I figure out how to get them to show clear.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to tape up and paint plexiglass just like original design which was in vinyl

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
James I think the compressor mounted on the plexiglass looks pretty cool! When you add a second compressor will you be able to mount it the same way on the passenger side of the trunk?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Scott,
Thanks,you should see it in person,especially at night with leds on.
Yes, far as mounting the other compressor I have the same amount of space for it. I'll have to make a mounting stand like I did on the drivers side,but I see no problem with mounting the 2nd compressor when i get it.On the 1st compressor I had to purchase longer bolts to mount it,I then screwed the bolts into the mounting bracket,mounted the bracket,then the black cover went on,I then experimented by putting small springs over the bolts before placing compressor and bolting it down. That didn't work to good,since when compressor is on the vibration from it loosens the nuts completely,causing the nuts to come completely off.I'm going to try one more idea and if that doesn't work,then I'll purchase the isolation kit.I think my next idea will work,I'll post results when done.
James I think the compressor mounted on the plexiglass looks pretty cool! When you add a second compressor will you be able to mount it the same way on the passenger side of the trunk?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi Scott,
Thanks,you should see it in person,especially at night with leds on.
Yes, far as mounting the other compressor I have the same amount of space for it. I'll have to make a mounting stand like I did on the drivers side,but I see no problem with mounting the 2nd compressor when i get it.On the 1st compressor I had to purchase longer bolts to mount it,I then screwed the bolts into the mounting bracket,mounted the bracket,then the black cover went on,I then experimented by putting small springs over the bolts before placing compressor and bolting it down. That didn't work to good,since when compressor is on the vibration from it loosens the nuts completely,causing the nuts to come completely off.I'm going to try one more idea and if that doesn't work,then I'll purchase the isolation kit.I think my next idea will work,I'll post results when done.

The isolator kit as I recall comes with nyloc nuts. You could try nyloc nuts with your existing mounting method as I am sure they will not come loose.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
question about the isolator kit

if you already have the compressor mounted, if you put it on the isolators will the bolts from it use the same holes previously drilled out? that would make it so much easier to swap over if I went to it, really should cause this thing is LOUD in that spare wheel well

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
question about the isolator kit

if you already have the compressor mounted, if you put it on the isolators will the bolts from it use the same holes previously drilled out? that would make it so much easier to swap over if I went to it, really should cause this thing is LOUD in that spare wheel well

Isolator kit uses the same bolt holes as the compressor. Top (left) and bottom (right) of feet shown.

Based on positioning the direction of the isolator feet the compressor will be moved either forward or rearward but the original mounting bolt holes are still used.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back