Another slow night at the track..

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This time it was pretty bad. It has to be the summer weather.. I am going to stop racing until september/october, or at least until the weather cools back down and I can get some DA on my side. Good thing I'll be gone all summer :)

The whole night was just weird. I had gotten alot of bug bites last night and I don't react well to them and just felt sick all night tonight. The whole time I was nervous as hell and couldn't shake it, and I really don't get nervous ever when racing. I'm paid to jump out of planes ffs!!! But all night tonight... couldn't even concentrate.

The tires performed ok... the first run they hooked with 28psi and a smokey burnout. the next run, I couldn't get a good burnout going and then overloaded the converter and hopped off the line. The third run hooked at 22psi, but skidded the 1-2 shift!!!! That could be because of all the worthless imports running before me on their 1" sidewall tires.

The DA came out to ~1366ft.

the third run was a total fluke run and i didn't try at all, so here are the first two runs:

RT: .638 ................288
60': 1.832 .............1.905
330': 5.282 ...........5.349
1/8: 8.514 ...........8.208
MPH: 85.36 ..........85.90

1000': 10.664 ........10.697
1/4: 12.795 .........12.810
MPH: 105.58 .........106.82

It was a crappy night altogether. The car has a 12.4x run in it, it just needs the right weather. And that weather is winter!!

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First you get good then,then you get fast.Drag racing is about being consistent,there are so many things that can determine the outcome of a race,keep in mind some of these forces are beyond are control & capabilities,ie weather,fuel,driver,track conditions,your car.You are good at this,only seat time will make you seasoned.I was told to fly my plane not only in good weather but in marginal or not perfect conditions as this will make you well rounded in your endevors,keep racing all summer if possible.Be well my friend.PS set your bar a notch lower & have fun.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back