another turbo build

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
I need help turbo gurus. I went and bought a on3 kit with the upgrades 67mm wheel. Came with hpx slot maf. And 39lb injectors. I have a stock fuel pump and want to know what is the most I can get out of it on the stock short block. I also have the fr manifold. And 3inch magnaflows catback.
2lu77m9.jpg

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
That is pretty much the same kit I have. I also have the 67mm, hpx and 39lb injectors. I am very close to the edge with the injectors and the fuel pump(340) at 6 psi. Just some quick advice. Look at the "T" they gave you for the oil feed line, 3 of us got the wrong piece and you will need to get a different one but it is available at Lowes or any hardware store. The U shaped line is probably not necessary. I put my vacuum line going to the wastegate in the pipe coming off the turbo because the place on the turbo requires cold side cover to come off. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Hope all goes well, you will love it.

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
So at 6psi you made 432 hp? Man that sounds great. I will check the hardware. Im having a speed shop do the install. Im swamped with work. Other wise I would install it.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
So at 6psi you made 432 hp? Man that sounds great. I will check the hardware. Im having a speed shop do the install. Im swamped with work. Other wise I would install it.

Also what will I need to crack 500 rwhp.?

Yes 6 psi netted me those numbers and the times at the track in my sig. You will need more injector and fuel pump for 500 and you will really be pushing the stock bottom end. Where are you located? James Henson really knows his stuff and is reasonable.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Oh nevermind. Like I said you will love it but do not expect a flawless install. I made a few trips to town to get small stuff and we did end up denting a pipe to clear the BMR k-member. All-in-all it wasn't that bad and I could do it a few hours if I had to do it again.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
goodluck on this, im hoping i can afford a nice turbo kit next year, or maybe save alitle longer for a even nicer twin kit.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
theres a twin kit that all the hotside piping is above stock location using forward facing headers, and the cold side doesnt go below the bumper

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
theres a twin kit that all the hotside piping is above stock location using forward facing headers, and the cold side doesnt go below the bumper

As long as there's no routing below the k member. Cause that's where you won't be able to air on. Cause I know there's less than 1/8" of an inch aired out between K and the ground

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea this kits hot side has forward facing headers and a pipe directly back to connect to stock location. Then pipes directly down and into the IC. Is neat but also expensive lol

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Yea this kits hot side has forward facing headers and a pipe directly back to connect to stock location. Then pipes directly down and into the IC. Is neat but also expensive lol

Will that retain AC or do you have to give it up?
I am using the Zimmer hot side and the ON3 cold side

Bitch to install but no pipe below the Kmember :) Perfect for when i add the bags
Also I didnt see an issue on the oil feed, what part was wrong on you guys kit?

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score

Which kit is that? I've been looking for a a turbo kit with better clearance for a while.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back