Any hillclimb people here?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Yeah, she was a real sweetheart! The local Subaru club invited me along on their annual calendar photo shoot. She was actually shaking when she came over after the shoot to ask if she could take some photos with my car.

Ok, maybe you're not getting it. We need a bigger version of that picture!!!!:party36:

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
Just got home from running the Weatherly Hillclimb. Ran 54.7, new ESP class record. Fastest doorslammer. Didn't wreck. Only ran a few times and got tired of jumping the car and parked it. Video of a 55.0 run, entered turn 1 a bit early and braked a bit early in a couple places in this. Have outside video of the jump I will try to post up on my wife's phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMGkqFgEPU&feature=youtu.be

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Just got home from running the Weatherly Hillclimb. Ran 54.7, new ESP class record. Fastest doorslammer. Didn't wreck. Only ran a few times and got tired of jumping the car and parked it. Video of a 55.0 run, entered turn 1 a bit early and braked a bit early in a couple places in this. Have outside video of the jump I will try to post up on my wife's phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMGkqFgEPU&feature=youtu.be
Damn, that road is BONKERS!!!!! You really look like you're wheelin that thing. Nice work!:beer:

I would like to do that in my car. I would also like to do that on a super motard.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Ha ha thanks. Hope you bring yours out next year. Hopefully mine will have a TVS so I can start running some faster times.

How many times do you scout the run before making......runs? You were killing that corner before the jump. I'm wondering how you warm up to that.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
Zero. That was my 4th run. I have run there before a couple times, haven't been there since 2012.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
First run off the trailer was in the 58s feeling it out. Got down to a 54.7 on the third run. Two other 55.0 runs and then I parked the car. Should've have run on Sunday (ran once in the am) had more in the car but decided enough was enough.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
First run off the trailer was in the 58s feeling it out. Got down to a 54.7 on the third run. Two other 55.0 runs and then I parked the car. Should've have run on Sunday (ran once in the am) had more in the car but decided enough was enough.
Some times you just gotta know when to walk away.

"I think I can knock a couple of tenths off, I'm going back out." loosely translates into "Hold my beer".:roflmao:

What size A6's are you running?

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
315/30r18 A7s. On 10.5" wheels. Going to build them to 11s up front and 11-12 in the rear over the winter. Not enough width for the 315s.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
315/30r18 A7s. On 10.5" wheels. Going to build them to 11s up front and 11-12 in the rear over the winter. Not enough width for the 315s.

That's a lot of rubber. No wonder you have the confidence to run it in there so hard. Not that I'm taking anything away from the size of your ballz!

I've never even driven a car with that sort of grip. I'm looking forward to it this spring.

I sent the video to a few of my motorcycle roadrace buddies. They agree you got nutz.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate it. Look forward to you coming out and giving it a shot.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
More outside video thanks to Larrry Long...

http://youtu.be/Thyina6h6g4

Think these were taken early little slow in places.

I'm so jelly!!!!!! Man, that looks like an absolute riot!!!!!

I'm taking the next 4-6 weeks off the gym to give my body a rest and get some work done on the car (along with other cars). Gotta get ready for spring! Looks like I have some hill climbing as well as the Texas Mile to do next spring.:boobies:

Hopefully I can ride your coat tails when I come out. Totally new environment for me. Gotta get comfortable with the process (not necessarily the driving) so I can get down to business. I can't be showing up with a 1000hp all the best suspension stuff, huge brakes and big fat tires.......and suck.:roflmao:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back