Seeking Advice for Bathroom Remodeling Dilemma

sajesak

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm diving into a bathroom remodeling project and find myself at a crossroads. I'm torn between classic and modern designs.

On one hand, I love the timeless elegance of classic styles, but the sleek simplicity of modern bathrooms also appeals to me.

Has anyone faced a similar dilemma? How did you decide between the two? Any tips or recommendations for fixtures, tiles,

or color schemes that blend the best of both worlds?

I'm all ears for your insights and personal experiences!

sajesak

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm diving into a bathroom remodeling project and find myself at a crossroads. I'm torn between classic and modern designs.

On one hand, I love the timeless elegance of classic styles, but the sleek simplicity of modern bathrooms also appeals to me.

Has anyone faced a similar dilemma? How did you decide between the two? Any tips or recommendations for fixtures, tiles,

or color schemes that blend the best of both worlds bathroom remodeling potomac md?

I'm all ears for your insights and personal experiences!
Thanks a bunch for any help

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
We just did a remodel on our kitchen and main rooms. No Bedrooms or bathrooms. We chose modern. General perspective we got from speaking to real estate agents is go modern.

KITCHEN.jpg

JC SSP

Reaction score
Very nice!

Finally does patsajack have a mustang after all or this is home improvement source? Lol

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
Much depends on the style of the house and the size of the bathroom. We had a small 1950s ranch with a small bathroom. I had to rework almost all of the plumbing and take some walls down to the studs.

B/c the room is small we went with small format carrara marble mosaic floor tile. It's similar to https://www.thebuilderdepot.com/cbhoctmos.html. The shower wall is small format white subway tile. I put in a thin black border for some contrast.

In installed Pfister Pasadena fixtures. After 10 years, they look ok. ~5mm square of chrome has peeled off the sink faucet. The sink faucet isn't real linear - a one unit increase in turn doesn't give you a consistent unit of increase or decrease in temp.

At the time, we didn't like the vanity light selection at the home improvement stores, so we settled on a Minka Lavery light that looks fancy and puts out abundant light.

Put some thought into your exhaust fan. There are some options now that provide UV for mold killing. I would consider installing a dehumidifier. We don't have room for that, but I'd like it.

I would have been happy with a small format b&w ceramic mosaic floor tile. [I really like the marble b/c it feels luxurious.] I still think it looks good. I'm happy w/ the subway tile. Maybe look at friends' houses and see what you like there?

sajesak

Reaction score
Much depends on the style of the house and the size of the bathroom. We had a small 1950s ranch with a small bathroom. I had to rework almost all of the plumbing and take some walls down to the studs.

B/c the room is small we went with small format carrara marble mosaic floor tile. It's similar to Bathroom remodeling services in Los Angeles The shower wall is small format white subway tile. I put in a thin black border for some contrast.

In installed Pfister Pasadena fixtures. After 10 years, they look ok. ~5mm square of chrome has peeled off the sink faucet. The sink faucet isn't real linear - a one unit increase in turn doesn't give you a consistent unit of increase or decrease in temp.

At the time, we didn't like the vanity light selection at the home improvement stores, so we settled on a Minka Lavery light that looks fancy and puts out abundant light.

Put some thought into your exhaust fan. There are some options now that provide UV for mold killing. I would consider installing a dehumidifier. We don't have room for that, but I'd like it.

I would have been happy with a small format b&w ceramic mosaic floor tile. [I really like the marble b/c it feels luxurious.] I still think it looks good. I'm happy w/ the subway tile. Maybe look at friends' houses and see what you like there?
thank you so much for your suggestion

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back