Bathroom Remodel Project

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Here's the completed shower/tub.

The flooring is wood-look tile. 6"x24" in a Walnut color. We used lasers to ensure all our grout lines were straight and lined up.

Closet is ready to be crammed full of stuff again. It's almost a shame to cover this up! The high-gloss white paint and new bright light makes a world of difference.

We installed this nice aluminum trim all around the tile. There's also aluminum trim between the big shower tiles and the mosaic. It really helps separate it and give it a finished look. Also picked up some nice new wall plates from Wal-Mart. Only $4 each, unlike other places that rip you off. They look nice. Every switch, outlet, and outlet was replaced with nice new stuff.

I'm thrilled with the outcome. Although my neighbor is certainly a very handy guy, he's never done a project this big before. I work in financial services, so this certainly isn't something I do every day... or ever. I think we did a great job for our first bathroom, and I would definitely do it again. I think we can do as good a job as the pros, and for way less money. I learned a ton, and really enjoy the satisfaction of completing a job like this. However, I'm done with house projects for a month or so - they're rough on wimpy desk-jockeys such as myself. :p I'm sore all over, and exhausted to the bone.

Paul.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Everything looks great, i especially like the glass shelving, although id need about 20 of them in my bathroom to hold all my wifes shit! Good job

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, really nice work......looks 1,000 times better.

Now........... KITCHEN IS NEXT.....get to work

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Hah!!

No kitchens for me for a while. I spent a bunch of money doing this, and I definitely need a break from swinging hammers. Besides, I still need to install my GT500 brakes and interior stuff in my car, and I haven't had a weekend off in five weeks!

Paul.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great job Paul!! Looks fantastic, almost like that show bathroom crashes!

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Wow that really turned out amazing, fantastic work. Have a question for you... what is this (in the picture) and isn't there supposed to be a "J" trap?

y9pg.jpg

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Great question. I was wondering the same thing when I opened the package. It actually performs the same function as the j-trap. There's a little plastic partition thing inside that chrome "bulb" that keeps the drain wet so you don't get sewer gasses coming up through the drain. It's hard to explain, but once I saw it and looked at the layout, it made sense. It's nice because it's compact, saves space over the j-trap, and looks nice.

Paul.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Very cool, that is why I asked... I put a bathroom in the basement of my old house and had to cut in to the cabinet due to the J trap. This would have been perfect.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The bathroom is done!! Today we did all the finishing touches, then did AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF CLEANING. I hired a crew to come clean the yard around the whole house because I just didn’t have enough time left to do it myself. They did an awesome job and it was worth every penny. My super awesome girlfriend spent about 20 hours over the last two days cleaning the inside of the house from top to bottom. The entire house, inside and out, is cleaner than when my mom and step dad left for vacation five weeks ago. Everything is so clean you can’t even tell we did a major bathroom remodel – what contractor does that!?!?

I can’t wait to see the look on my mom’s face. I love my mommy. :D

Anyway, on to the pics!

Here’s the bedroom, all freshly painted and brought up to date. New switches, outlets, and wall plates all around.
Bedroom_zpsf22d2edf.jpg

Bedroom2_zpsd2797ca2.jpg

We removed the ugly 80’s archway from the entryway and squared it off. Looks much more modern and clean now.
Entryway_zps59be3040.jpg

Here’s the finished vanity. It’s 60” wide with porcelain vessel sinks and a green glass countertop. The faucets are chrome. I would’ve preferred stainless, but the faucets came with the vanity and it didn’t make much sense to buy new ones. The mirrors came from Home Depot because the ones that came with the vanity didn’t look right. The lights are from Kichler.
VanityComplete_zps80f00f8d.jpg

Serious storage!

This is what I call clean plumbing. My neighbor is a fanatic for details, and it shows in stuff like this.

This is the shower panel. I don't like it as much as the one in my bathroom, but you really need a full enclosure for jets because they spray water all over the place.

Water closet completed. Picked up this nice dual-flush toilet from Costco for $88. Comes with everything for install too. Tough to beat. I have the same one in my bathroom. We installed a new door and reversed the swing because it was really tight to go in there before and shut the door behind you. Much better now.

This is a close-up of the cool light I got for the water closet. I think it's sweet.
Looks good. The Toilet being off center would drive me crazy. I am not OCD but that is just messed up.

sajesak

Reaction score
Here's the completed shower/tub.

The flooring is wood-look tile. 6"x24" in a Walnut color. We used lasers to ensure all our grout lines were straight and lined up.

Closet is ready to be crammed full of stuff again. It's almost a shame to cover this up! The high-gloss white paint and new bright light makes a world of difference.

We installed this nice aluminum trim all around the tile. There's also aluminum trim between the big shower tiles and the mosaic. It really helps separate it and give it a finished look. Also picked up some nice new wall plates from Wal-Mart. Only $4 each, unlike other places that rip you off. They look nice. Every switch, outlet, and outlet was replaced with nice new stuff.

I'm thrilled with the outcome. Although my neighbor is certainly a very handy guy, he's never done a project this big before. I work in financial services, so this certainly isn't something I do every day... or ever. I think we did a great job for our first bathroom, and I would definitely do it again. I think we can do as good a job as the pros, and for way less money. I learned a ton, and really enjoy the satisfaction of completing a job like this company did awpumafl.com. However, I'm done with house projects for a month or so - they're rough on wimpy desk-jockeys such as myself. :p I'm sore all over, and exhausted to the bone.

Paul.
All this talk about contractors got my mind thinking about my looming bathroom remodel. It is very outdated and cramped. My question is should I attempt it? Let me tell you about myself before you answer. I can tear anything apart and I mean anything. I can't drill a straight hole and I can't make a straight cut on a piece of wood. Now in my defense my wood working tools are extremely limited. It's a shower and shitter and a vanity with one sink It will need a new shower pan for sure. What do you think? We have a spare bathroom we could use.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back