Any info on this car? 07 GT Saleen parts and Whipple

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while. I haven't had a mustang for a while so I don't post much, but I've still been here lurking.
Anyway, I just picked this up from auction as an Inoperable vehicle and was hoping to find a bit of info about it.
It's a 2007 GT automatic with a Whipple non-intercooled kit.

Obviously the previous owner had a hard-on for Saleen parts, as "saleen" is everywhere and on everything. I've searched around a bit but didn't come up with that much info.

I got the car earlier today and managed to get it to turn over but won't fire. I'm curious if there is some trick to it or if it's running on a different fuel than what is in it(e85?). It smells to me like it's flooded, but I tried pulling the fuel pump relay and holding the pedal to the floor trick without success. Any info or help would be appreciated.

Here is the vin number in case it helps:
1ZVHT82H875249216

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Got a bit more info if anyone can help me figure a few things out. Could this car be a real saleen?
I got it running, engine was flooded. Cleaned the plugs off and started right up.
Here are a few more pics. Found a few things that make me question whether it is a real saleen or not.

Any info would be appreciated.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
Might try soec and ask there. I don't see the dash plaque anywhere and would guess it was a saleen that was wrecked and all parts replaced with oem because it has some obscure saleen parts on it. Any saleen suspension parts underneath?

danzcool

Reaction score
Might try soec and ask there. I don't see the dash plaque anywhere and would guess it was a saleen that was wrecked and all parts replaced with oem because it has some obscure saleen parts on it. Any saleen suspension parts underneath?

Yeah, check with these guys.
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=16057

The front fascia does not look like the typical Saleen and it should have a serial number on the horizointal surface below the left headlight. The cobra on the front grille is out of place as is the grille itself. Does look like it was either in an accident (front end) or just modified by a prior owner.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back