Any movie buffs or movie goers?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes Captain A is fairly good but you have to see it to understand how they got him into modern times for the Avengers movie this summer.

Earl

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes Captain A is fairly good but you have to see it to understand how they got him into modern times for the Avengers movie this summer.

Earl

Thats what I figured. I know in the comic books he went through a time warp or something, or another dimension.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
^^^I enjoyed Captain America.

Just finished watching "Bronson". Tom Hardy gave an amazing performance but it was definitely an "out there" kind of movie, lol. Can't wait to see him as Bane this summer!

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Thats what I figured. I know in the comic books he went through a time warp or something, or another dimension.
Nope. I won't spoil it, but what happened in the comics is pretty much what happens in the movie.

The thing I always liked about Captain America is that the comic book itself is steeped in history. The comic first came out in 1940 one year before Pearl Harbor and was a statement by the publishers about the inevitability of US involvement in WW2. The first issue featured Captian America punching out Hitler on the cover. (The comic is interestingly referenced and integrated into the movie BTW.) Before US involvement in the war, some people were offended with the politcal message the comic seemed to promote. Ultimately the comic's popularity soared - even outselling Time magazine!

With the end of the war the Captain America comic's popularity understandably declined.

It wasn't until 1964 when Marvel Comics revived the character ... literally.

The concept of a hero from our greatest generation transported to modern America remains a poingant and fruitful premise. I hope Joss Whedon makes the most of it.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope. I won't spoil it, but what happened in the comics is pretty much what happens in the movie.

The thing I always liked about Captain America is that the comic book itself is steeped in history. The comic first came out in 1940 one year before Pearl Harbor and was a statement by the publishers about the inevitability of US involvement in WW2. The first issue featured Captian America punching out Hitler on the cover. (The comic is interestingly referenced and integrated into the movie BTW.) Before US involvement in the war, some people were offended with the politcal message the comic seemed to promote. Ultimately the comic's popularity soared - even outselling Time magazine!

With the end of the war the Captain America comic's popularity understandably declined.

It wasn't until 1964 when Marvel Comics revived the character ... literally.

The concept of a hero from our greatest generation transported to modern America remains a poingant and fruitful premise. I hope Joss Whedon makes the most of it.

Well well said !!!! Rep for you:clap:...Oh shit, wait..

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
^^^I enjoyed Captain America.

Just finished watching "Bronson". Tom Hardy gave an amazing performance but it was definitely an "out there" kind of movie, lol. Can't wait to see him as Bane this summer!

Bronson is a great movie, that guy is a fuckin' nutter!

If you liked that, you should check out Chopper...

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll have to check that out. Eric Bana is a great actor, and it doesn't hurt that he is a gear head!

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Captain America was pretty good..I was excited about the Avengers before, but now I cant wait..I hope the Hulk fucks shit up as bad as the cartoons/comic books..

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Captain America was pretty good..I was excited about the Avengers before, but now I cant wait..I hope the Hulk fucks shit up as bad as the cartoons/comic books..
The only reason I went at midnight to see Captaon America of any of the other marvel movies is to see the trailers at the end.

Avengers is a def must see at midnight for me.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only reason I went at midnight to see Captaon America of any of the other marvel movies is to see the trailers at the end.

Avengers is a def must see at midnight for me.

I will hit the first Avengers showing...I hope its friggin good..Justice League is coming too..

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
I will hit the first Avengers showing...I hope its friggin good..Justice League is coming too..
I wouldn't expect much with Justice League ... too many legal issues. At best they might make it with different actors ... which will suck royally.

Marvel did it right by addressing legal issues behind a possible Avengers film from the start when making Iron Man, Hulk etc. My only regret is that Ed Norton isn't going to be Bruce Banner - he would have been terrific acting against Downey Jr.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect much with Justice League ... too many legal issues. At best they might make it with different actors ... which will suck royally.

Marvel did it right by addressing legal issues behind a possible Avengers film from the start when making Iron Man, Hulk etc. My only regret is that Ed Norton isn't going to be Bruce Banner - he would have been terrific acting against Downey Jr.

True^^ I liked Ed Norton as Hulk. Eric Bana wasnt too bad either..I havent seen any clips yet with Hulk in the scene of Avengers other than the main one thats out that has him at the end..

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Just watched contraband. I liked the movie. Not very many movies I can sit through and not fall asleep in at the theaters but this was one that kept me interested the whole way through. I'd recommend it

Plus there's a raptor in it!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back