Any movie buffs or movie goers?

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Quadrophenia - a definite classic.

I've got to check out that Tim Roth film. Looks great.

When I think of British classics I think of the old Ealing Studios comedies that I discovered when I was in college. I still love those films.

Made in Britain is very good indeed.

In case you didn't recognise him, that's a very young Ray Winstone in Scum :thumb2:

Yeah, when I said 'classics' I guess I meant cult classics! lol

I love Ealing Comedies too. I think I'll re-watch some of them as soon as my container arrives... starting with The Ladykillers! :beerdrink:

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Made in Britain is very good indeed.

In case you didn't recognise him, that's a very young Ray Winstone in Scum :thumb2:
You're right. I didn't even notice.
I love Ealing Comedies too. I think I'll re-watch some of them as soon as my container arrives... starting with The Ladykillers! :beerdrink:
Good choice. :beerdrink:

Another classic. I just rewatched all three seasons of "Secret Army".

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity 3 was more of the same. I'd say it was more intense than the others.

The PA movies are either hit or miss with people, and I happen to like them.

If you've seen the first two, or even just the first one...this is a great follow up. It ties a lot of the story together and you see the origin of the "paranormal activity".

Great guilty pleasure movie!

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have not seen Love the Beast, but upon seeing this here, I just added it to my instant queue on Netflix. I will be watching it this weekend.

Look forward to your review.

I'm currently 20 minutes into Paranormal Activity 3.

Wife just sent me to check on a noise! Hahahaha! Hiding out in the garage for a few to build up her trepidation!

Evil but funny.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I just saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and it was fantastic. Classic story, with a brilliant 70's London (principally) backdrop and sublime acting from the entire star cast.

It won't be to everyone's taste as it is not a high octane flick, rather it is a simmering British spy thriller with a clear focus on the superb acting and not special effects.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on seeing this one, as I think it looks good. Thanks for the good review, confirms my impression and makes me want to see it even more.

Earl

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Went to see Chronicle with some friends. So good felt like Akira, the anime movie, so I am biased on my review. The ending left a lot open never talked a bout finding out about what gave them power till the end. Also it felt like they spent all the special effects budget on the flying scenes and not a lot on anything else. Chronicle is a mock-umentary so if you hated cloverfield then don't watch this.

All in all I will be buying this on Blu-ray but i gave it a 7/10 maybe less if you don't know about Akira.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Glad to see that as well. We ALMOST went and watched the grey tonight but decided to have an extra drink at the restaurant.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
I just saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and it was fantastic. Classic story, with a brilliant 70's London (principally) backdrop and sublime acting from the entire star cast.

It won't be to everyone's taste as it is not a high octane flick, rather it is a simmering British spy thriller with a clear focus on the superb acting and not special effects.

I couldn't bring myself to see it because the original BBC miniseries with Alec Guinness was just superb and very true to the novel. I'm not sure they can do the story justice in 2 hours. If you say it's well acted I just might give it a chance.

The BBC's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Smiley's People are both just brilliant.

Redwolf

Reaction score
DRIVE.......... it was a good movie, different than what I was expecting.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
^^ this also. I'm stoked to see another Bourne movie. I enjoyed the others alot.

Look forward to your review.

Got called to work last weekend so it's on tap for this Saturday or Sunday, I will review back. I'm looking forward to it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back