Any movie buffs or movie goers?

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Interstellar looks amazing. They had an extended trailer before the Dracula movie.

Bullitt1809

forum member
Reaction score
I just saw Night crawler. In my opinion, it is worth the price of admission. I thought Jake did a good job playing a creepy, weird guy.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

trailer for Furious 7. Looks just as over the top as possible. say what you will about the Fast series, I don't know why to me these movies might be so stupid, but they sure are entertaining

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any art aficionados on here? I just watched an extremely interesting documentary called Tim's Vermeer. It is about a guy wanting to figure out how the Dutch painter Vermeer made his paintings. No one has ever figured it out in over 300 years. Really an interesting movie and well worth checking out. The guy actually paints a Vermeer copy and he has never painted before.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Went and saw interstellar on Friday night. It was a fantastic movie. The ending imo was kind of wierd but it was still a really good flick. Kind of long but good. Thought everyone was well cast.

Also finally saw Fury and I thought it was one of the best war movies I had seen. Not a huge brad Pitt fan but thought he played an awesome part

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Went and saw interstellar on Friday night. It was a fantastic movie. The ending imo was kind of wierd but it was still a really good flick. Kind of long but good. Thought everyone was well cast.

Also finally saw Fury and I thought it was one of the best war movies I had seen. Not a huge brad Pitt fan but thought he played an awesome part

Rented Sex Tape. Horrrid horrid movie.

All three descriptions are inline with my expectations. Not the biggest Cameron Diaz fan.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Late to the party, but finally caught Guardians of the Galaxy in a second-run theater. After reading all the positive reviews, my expectations were high. The movie exceeded them; nice when that happens. The plot was kind of meh, but it really only provided the excuse to throw all the hysterically funny character together. That is what drove the movie for me. Good character development and great lines & interaction between them.

One thing that really amused/annoyed me was all the little kids people were bringing to see it. Really? This may be a Marvel comic-based movie & have a talking raccoon., but it is NOT kid appropriate. I know my 9yo would love it, but he will have to wait a few years before I let him watch it. The 4yo? Forget it--and there were kids in that age group in there. People wonder why their kids turn out the way they do.... OK off, my soapbox.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I give Interstellar a 7 out of 10.

Some great parts, some parts where I was scratching my head a little. It really does ask some important questions about the human condition and survival, and the time/gravity/dimensions aspect of it fascinated me.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Interstellar was great! Although not for all peeps, it did have a lot of theory. The whole relative time, worm hole, black hole, and gravity theories still have me thinking. The ending may be strange for some, but still great.

I also saw Nightcrawler... Holy crap! Not what I was expecting! Should of been called Nightcreeper! Really good, but bothersome. Gyllenhaal's character was something else! I highly recommend both flicks!

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dumb and Dumber To was hilarious! It is a sequel but funny nonetheless. I would recommend it of you want to laugh at some stupid humor. Lol

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
I saw Dumb and Dumber To on Friday with the gf.

I am a HUGE D&D fan and I loved the sequel... however, I felt some of the jokes were rushed or even poorly acted in some cases. It had much of the same setup as the first one, but something left me wanting still after seeing the second one.

I'll have to see it again for sure, but I think I got my hopes up wanting this to be better than the first.

It was really funny, but I saw some flaws.

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Foxcatcher? Huge fan of the college and olympic wrestling. The movie is about the tragic story of Mark and Dave Schultz and the "Team Foxcatcher".

Last edited:

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any music afficionados/back in the day band geeks... Check out Whiplash. Damn good movie... Juno's dad/State Farm guy is legit! Damn good movie though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back