Any New on Aluminator 3V version?

jdlatil

Twin Srew Driver
Reaction score
I guess, I'm being lazy, anyone hear any news when the Aluminator 3V long block may be coming out.

Yes I'm a little lazy and really don't have any faith in local machine shop to help with rebuild on current stock block in my 2007.

Mod motors are greek to me, build my share of pushrod motors but not comfortable building mod motor.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between the Aluminator blocks and the regular 3V blocks? I know the Aluminator is based on the 3V blocks and made to fit in a SN-95/New edge. What all different about the block itself?

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From Ford's press release at SEMA

The foundation of these engines is the 4.6-liter engine block used in the Mustang GT with its new block featuring strength unmatched by any previous production 4.6-liter aluminum block.

The new “Aluminator” crate engine line features high strength and quality but also is affordable because of its high volume production.

Because components have been used in production vehicle applications, parts cost is minimized as well. Short-block prices start at $4,500 MSRP, making the “Aluminator” engines with all-new components comparable in price to aftermarket remanufacturing programs.

jdlatil

Twin Srew Driver
Reaction score
The current version is a 4 valve long block, I have heard there were coming out with a 3 valve long block version. The current version front cover is setup for Cobra pulley system, not the S197 pulley set up. Yes the block is the latest, but I think it will have to have motor mount conversion kit to fit the S197 cars. It will drop right in for the earlier cars.
Was hoping when the new version Aluminator 3V comes out just swap and sell complete motor out of car. If not I will buy the Aluminator short block and change every thing over.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe this is the block you are talking about...

5.0 Aluminum Big Bore Block

Big bore 4.6L aluminum block with cast in iron liners
94mm (3.70") cylinder bore size. Stock cylinder bore size 90.2mm (3.552")
227mm (8.9370") deck height (same as 4.6L)
Produces 5.0L displacement when used with a 4.6L stock stroke crankshaft, stock length connecting rods and custom 94mm-diameter pistons.
Cross bolted main bearing caps
Same block that is used in the 5.0L "Cammer" crate engine.
Can be used in ALL 2V 3V and 4V applications

Works in everything but a hefty $3700 price tag. MMR has them and sells complete short/long block set-ups but at that price, I'd eat the extra 70 lbs and go with boss block for $1700 less...:samuri:

The main difference between these and regular aluminum blocks is that they were designed at the factory for a 3.70 bore to be a 5.3 liter 325ci.

Last edited:

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score
I wonder how much power you could put on that out of the box?

If you compare that to some built motors from SHM etc. it looks like a deal. If it comes with the standard 12 mo. crate motor warranty - even better!

jdlatil

Twin Srew Driver
Reaction score
Yes, it is covered with a 12 month warranty from Ford.
It should hold at least 900 hp+ no trouble.

There were romours that Ford was going to do the same block with a 3 valve head.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back