~Any Photographers???~

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any photographers on the forum.... if so....what kind of camera and equipment do u have? what do u like to photograph? how long have u been doing photography for?

I've been doing photography for around 5 years now. Models, seniors, families, engagements and more. I shoot with a Nikon D80 and SB800 flash.

:beerdrink:

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
I am an amateur in the purest sense of the word. I have a Canon 40D with a kit lens (Canon EF 28-135 IS USM). I love the camera, vibrant colors and very fast operation. So far I have been taking sports pictures and automotive snaps.

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
Me

I shoot with a Canon 40D and for lighting I have the full Alien Bee's Busy Bee Kit

Ive been looking into getting an alien bees kit....but I'm not really sure what kind of a setup to buy with the lighting kits.

I've been doing good so far just using natural lighting for shoots, and improvising with other creative setups I have lol.

what kinds of things are u shooting in ur studio John?

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
I've been shooting professionally for over 20 years. Shot a Pentax K1000 for a milliion years, then went digital. Nikon Cool Pix 990, then a Nikon D70, and recently a Nikon D300.

I shoot mostly car events and drag races, feature cars and "how to" articles for various magazines, and a bunch of studio stuff for my ad agency.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the new Palm Pre

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
I bought both of my latest Nikons from Cameta Camera on ebay. Good prices, great service.

i thought about buying a new lens off of ebay. i will have to check them out.

i want to get a fish eye :)

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I love photography! I've tried to keep it just a hobby for the most part, but I have done some shooting for a few publications here and there, and sometimes take on a commissioned shoot. Mostly vehicles, landscapes, and architecture. But getting into portraits a bit, and getting more into off-camera flash lighting.

For digital, I use a Canon 1Ds2 and an infra-red converted 10d. My usual lens selection for digital is a contax 28/2.8 and canon's 85/1.2 and 135/2.0. For the lighting setups, I use a few manual flashes and pocketwizards.

For film, I mostly shoot 4x5 and 8x10 large format with a variety of old and new lenses. my usual 4x5 and 8x10 are wooden folding field cameras, but I do use aa 4x5 speedgraphic (1940's press camera) with a stroboflash. Been kind of getting to the speedgraphic more and more, I like the vintage look to the photos with the flash.

You can see some of my photographs here: www.404photography.net (mostly digital shots, but not updated in a long time) and www.buckshotsblog.com (mostly film shots, fairly up-to-date)

me_03.jpg

HSC_me_001.jpg

vara_daniel.jpg

Last edited:

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been a SLR amateur for about 35 years, mostly doing cars and nature. I had a couple of Minoltas for a long time until i bumped up to a Sony A100 a few years ago. I just took this in my yard about 30 minutes ago.

DSC01862.jpg

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been looking into getting an alien bees kit....but I'm not really sure what kind of a setup to buy with the lighting kits.

I've been doing good so far just using natural lighting for shoots, and improvising with other creative setups I have lol.

what kinds of things are u shooting in ur studio John?

No studio. I do it as a hobby and it's 9 times out of 10, outdoors.

I shoot automotive and portraits. I just did some engagment photos the other day.

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
No studio. I do it as a hobby and it's 9 times out of 10, outdoors.

I shoot automotive and portraits. I just did some engagment photos the other day.

Sweet!

I have a few weddings under my belt....but i do mainly models and seniors. To much pressure with the weddings, and well if the bride and groom arent happy, you cant really do it all over again. Its good money dont get me wrong, but I'd rather shoot one on one with people and its wayyyy more relaxed.

I'm gonna take some pics of the bfs mustang soon. maybe i will post them on here when im done :)

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
I love photography! I've tried to keep it just a hobby for the most part, but I have done some shooting for a few publications here and there, and sometimes take on a commissioned shoot. Mostly vehicles, landscapes, and architecture. But getting into portraits a bit, and getting more into off-camera flash lighting.

For digital, I use a Canon 1Ds2 and an infra-red converted 10d. My usual lens selection for digital is a contax 28/2.8 and canon's 85/1.2 and 135/2.0. For the lighting setups, I use a few manual flashes and pocketwizards.

For film, I mostly shoot 4x5 and 8x10 large format with a variety of old and new lenses. my usual 4x5 and 8x10 are wooden folding field cameras, but I do use aa 4x5 speedgraphic (1940's press camera) with a stroboflash. Been kind of getting to the speedgraphic more and more, I like the vintage look to the photos with the flash.

You can see some of my photographs here: www.404photography.net (mostly digital shots, but not updated in a long time) and www.buckshotsblog.com (mostly film shots, fairly up-to-date)

me_03.jpg

HSC_me_001.jpg

vara_daniel.jpg

wow! your pretty good. props to your portfolio :thumb2:

i use to shoot with film. started with a minolta x700 when i took photography classes....but then i switched over to digital. wayyyy easier. but i still love the quality a good film cam can give you

StreamlineGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Canon XTi's. They get the job done. I'd really like to upgrade to a 5DmII, but since half of my lenses are EF-S, I may just go to a 40 or 50D. I have a handful of shoe mount strobes and stands. Mostly just shoot cars and my kid. I've done a wedding and hated it, so never again. Too much pressure to get the shot. I haven't picked up my camera in weeks, no time. I like doing rig shots though. Hope to have time to go out and shoot soon.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet!

I have a few weddings under my belt....but i do mainly models and seniors. To much pressure with the weddings, and well if the bride and groom arent happy, you cant really do it all over again. Its good money dont get me wrong, but I'd rather shoot one on one with people and its wayyyy more relaxed.

I'm gonna take some pics of the bfs mustang soon. maybe i will post them on here when im done :)

Awesome!

here are a few of my recent ones

3628498023_064e9ec6de_o.jpg

3633302448_5d5f5f41c1_o.jpg

3629325454_37e09ea6a3_o.jpg

2918254267_8780387794_o.jpg

2906027364_84014a8fdb_o.jpg

2905177915_48e1e80129_o.jpg

2906025566_e9d1b8c088_o.jpg

2906022768_f0306e1f87_o.jpg

2905173611_c067c5b9c0_o.jpg

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
To much pressure with the weddings, and well if the bride and groom arent happy, you cant really do it all over again. Its good money dont get me wrong, but I'd rather shoot one on one with people and its wayyyy more relaxed.

I agree! I'm shooting a friend's wedding later on this year, but I've avoided shooting weddings for sure! Seems like everytime the subject of photography comes up, someone has a wedding they want me or someone else to shoot! It can probably be profitable, but no thanks!

Post up the mustang photos when you get them!

Here's some photos of my mustang I posted a month back or so: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17664

Last edited:

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
heres a small sample of some of my work...

LMGSshoot200849withlogo-1.jpg

lakemichigangroupshoot08224black-1.jpg

DSC_0302-1.jpg

LMGSshoot200817withlogo.jpg

garesphotoshop2.jpg

276edit.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg
74020037part2.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg
DSC_0285.jpg

let me know what u think!

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Shooting young beautiful women has GOT to be more fun than shooting cars on hot asphalt! Or carburetors in the studio.

Nice stuff. And the photos look good, too...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back