~Any Photographers???~

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Great Clipping service

For those of you photographers who do any pro work or retouching, I've recently discovered a great service for clipping (silo'ing, removing the background). ClippingProvider.com will provide you with a clipping path for under $3 per image! As a test, I sent them a photo of a Harley custom that I needed clipped for a client, and they created a perfect path (drilled brake rotors and all!) within 4 hours. I recently used them for 10 product shots for a client, same great results. They bill your email addres once a month.

That same Harley image would have taken me over an hour to do, and I would have had to bill the client accordingly ($130 per hour).

They're using people in Thailand to do the work - It's a global economy out there, put it to work...

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
nice... i will have to check it out.

any way u can post the work they did for u? a little sample of it?

For those of you photographers who do any pro work or retouching, I've recently discovered a great service for clipping (silo'ing, removing the background). ClippingProvider.com will provide you with a clipping path for under $3 per image! As a test, I sent them a photo of a Harley custom that I needed clipped for a client, and they created a perfect path (drilled brake rotors and all!) within 4 hours. I recently used them for 10 product shots for a client, same great results. They bill your email addres once a month.

That same Harley image would have taken me over an hour to do, and I would have had to bill the client accordingly ($130 per hour).

They're using people in Thailand to do the work - It's a global economy out there, put it to work...

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
since this is a car forum and this is the photography thread, lol, has anyone done any rigged shots? Im planning on building a rig and doing some shots once i get my new camera and lens.... anyone thats built one them self post up your rig details and more importantly post up your rigged shots! on that note anyone bought a rig from automotive rigs.com ? kinda seems overpriced.... i figured i could build a decent rig myself for about 400.... but it obviously wouldn't be as nice or and chassis rig like the ones on automotive rigs.com

I cant wait to get my new camera next month... picking up a Canon 7D, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC and if i can squeeze it in then a Tokina 11-16 2.8 or Canon 70-200 4.0 IS... that tokina sure would be nice for those rigged shots!

here are a couple "rolling" shots of my car that we took last weekend...... and no these were not on a rig obviously.... just taken from a different car...some rolling shots:

4.jpg

4003948872_4c0f1998a8_o.jpg

StreamlineGT

forum member
Reaction score
Rig shots! I built my own as well, using suction cups, Manfrotto Super Clamps, an aluminum piece of rigid electrical conduit, and a Manfrotto Magic Arm.

DPP_2193.jpg

IMG_7958.jpg

another without PS.

IMG_7960.jpg

Last edited:

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
Rig shots! I built my own as well, using suction cups, Manfrotto Super Clamps, an aluminum piece of rigid electrical conduit, and a Manfrotto Magic Arm.

DPP_2193.jpg

IMG_7958.jpg

another without PS.

IMG_7960.jpg

great shots man.... i love how the brembo pops out from under that spining wheel! Only one criticism... the yellow lines on the road actually look better in your non-PS IMO.

thats exactly what i was thinking of doing... getting some suction cups, magic arm, and super clamps and some good aluminum tubing.... on your rig how many suctions cups are you running? i was thinking of getting three suction cups.

Im wondering how much these shots will benefit from flash, or not? in terms of reflections and lighting on the body of the car.... hmmm...

Last edited:

StreamlineGT

forum member
Reaction score
on your rig how many suctions cups are you running?

Im wondering how much these shots will benefit from flash, or not? in terms of reflections and lighting on the body of the car.... hmmm...

it would have to be a merge of more than one photo if you were to use a flash. the wheels wouldn't have a smooth look to them, as there would be an overexposed freeze frame.

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
any way u can post the work they did for u? a little sample of it?

Sorry for the delay, kim - I haven't been on this part of the site in a while.

See samples below. As you can imagine, clipping all of the details on a shot like this would probably take me 30-45 minutes. for the price, can't beat the service!

sdclipped.jpg

sdw-bckgrnd.jpg

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
its alright.... wow though. definitely worth the time put into the pic. looks great!

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
Old thread I see but figured I would add to it. Been learning photography for the past year or so. No professional schooling. I use a Canon Rebel XSI with 3 different lenses. I'm big into HDR. My link to my photos is in my sig. I love shooting cars and scenery. Just getting into portraits.

Someday I will get the time to go to college for it and finish my degree in Graphic Design.

Love all the photos you guys posted.

BCP

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Glad to see a thread on this, and the cool shots too; especially liked the rig shots...be wanting to fab one up myself.

Anyway, ive been taking pics with P&S cameras for about ten years. Three years ago i wanted to take it to another level and bought a D80, and havent looked back since. Still shoot Nikon digital bodies and glass, and have been using a PCB White Lightning monolights for a little while now too. I enjoy shooting damned near anything, as it all presents some challenge or different skill requirement. I'm always looking to learn something new, and try new ideas. Ive been thinking about taking some classes, but need to see whats available in my area and figure out time to attend.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've concentrated on astrophotagraphy for the past few years. Here's one of the DeathStar flying over my neighborhood a couple of years ago.

5.jpg

Last edited:

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I've concentrated on astorphotagraphy for the past few years.

I've been wanting to get into that a bit myself too! I had the chance to look through a super nice 24" reflector that was originally created by skylab to be sent into orbit. It was the first telescope I've ever looked through, and boy was I spoiled! Probably one of the best amateur telescopes you could ever look through! It got me hooked on the stars for sure. I've figured out a way to mount one of my 4x5 cameras to the eyepiece of it, maybe sometime in the future I'll have time to get up to one of the meets again and give it a try :)

Here it is loaded up in a friends truck:

temp_scan376.jpg

Last edited:

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
i bought a canon 450d last year and i havent really used or leaned that thing at all. i tend to buy thing thinking ill use them, but i end up putting it aside for other things. i would like to get rid of it someday after i can at least know hot to use it and get the canon d7. we go to the track more times so video is what i want next. cool photos you guys posted. :thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back