Anybody from AM on now? order issue

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
I placed an ebay order through "mustangmods". It was a DSS aluminum driveshaft for a 2011+ Mustang. Well, my car is on the lift with the exhaust off and stock ds out, opened the box and its for a 05-10. Called AM, was told that's a third party sale since its an open box buy they cant help me....contact whoever you bought it from. I look up my Paypal invoice, I paid Turn5, I call the number and get the same guy I just talked to at AM. Nothing they can do, I have to email mustangmods through Ebay.

Long story short...I am 45 mins from your shop and my car is apart, I have a show tomorrow and don't want to put everything back together just to have to do it again when the situation gets fixed.

If anyone can help, please pm me a number.

Thanks.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Call MustangMods. You didn't purchase it from AM so why would you think they can do anything when they didn't sell you it?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Well, if the number on his invoice reaches the same guy at AM, then they should be able to do something.

I think you enjoy being a hard nose just a little too much. You'd want a bit of help if you were in that situation...

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Call MustangMods. You didn't purchase it from AM so why would you think they can do anything when they didn't sell you it?

Not bashing, just trying to get it fixed. I did email Mustangmods, that's the only contact. I paid Turn5 via Ebay, called the number on the invoice and got AM.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
That's because AM is owned by Turn5. I think you might be SOL since I don't recall AM being online during the weekends. As a last resort you might try contacting Dan Bailer through facebook but that is about all I can think of outside of putting it back together for now.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I placed an ebay order through "mustangmods". It was a DSS aluminum driveshaft for a 2011+ Mustang. Well, my car is on the lift with the exhaust off and stock ds out, opened the box and its for a 05-10. Called AM, was told that's a third party sale since its an open box buy they cant help me....contact whoever you bought it from. I look up my Paypal invoice, I paid Turn5, I call the number and get the same guy I just talked to at AM. Nothing they can do, I have to email mustangmods through Ebay.

Long story short...I am 45 mins from your shop and my car is apart, I have a show tomorrow and don't want to put everything back together just to have to do it again when the situation gets fixed.

If anyone can help, please pm me a number.

Thanks.

Hey Thundr! Sorry to hear about all of the trouble here! That's definitely not the best way to start a Saturday and I'm happy to help out here where I can. I'm shooting phone calls back and forth with our Customer Service Supervisor as we speak to see if there's anyone that's in our warehouse at the moment. If I can see that we have a guy there I'll personally come up there and pull the right driveshaft for you so we can get you back on the road today and to your car show tomorrow!

..I think you might be SOL since I don't recall AM being online during the weekends..

I'm online all the time!

Hang in there OP! Help is on the way!

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Thundr! Sorry to hear about all of the trouble here! That's definitely not the best way to start a Saturday and I'm happy to help out here where I can. I'm shooting phone calls back and forth with our Customer Service Supervisor as we speak to see if there's anyone that's in our warehouse at the moment. If I can see that we have a guy there I'll personally come up there and pull the right driveshaft for you so we can get you back on the road today and to your car show tomorrow!

I'm online all the time!

Hang in there OP! Help is on the way!

That would be the ultimate customer service!!

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey OP! I'm back and forth with our Warehouse Manager and it's sounding like we're in the process of setting up a little Saturday Meeting- I'll be watching the thread and we're going to get you some help!

Alex

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Hey OP! I'm back and forth with our Warehouse Manager and it's sounding like we're in the process of setting up a little Saturday Meeting- I'll be watching the thread and we're going to get you some help!

Alex

Got the call...on my way now. You guys are awesome.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
This should be a lesson in how to handle a customer. No passing the buck or making excuses, simply listening to the customer- then finding a solution. It's not always practical or convenient, but it's the right way to do business. I will now ensure my future putchase are with AM!

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
AM has gone beyond what was expected for me at a time when I really needed it. Under normal circumstances I would have waited but with my car torn down, the show/dyno tomorrow and Atco this week, I was in a pinch.

I really do appreciate it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
AM has always had great CS

Reading threads with guys that complain because that weren't 110 % happy for minor issues then AM shows up and does more than anyone else would.

Are they 100% perfect and the end all be all of mustang parts? No, but the way they handle the issues in what they do handle shows they are one of the best companies for the mustang crowd.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for he kind comments guys-we'll bend over backwards to ensure our customers are happy no matter what or when! I just received word from my warehouse manager that the OP received his DS. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Have a great weekend!

Al

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back