anybody had a 3v tuned by kurgan?

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
thinking about having my 07 gt remote dyno tuned by kurgan.

all the local shops have around a 3 month wait list, he has a 2-3 week.
I've heard good things from googling but nothing much about 3vs

thanks for any input

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I believe that JP08GT had his 3V tuned by Bob and if I remember correctly his car made 950 rwhp or so, on C16.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

thanks for any input
Realspeed is book out that far?

Heard he is a douche and has some pretty bad customer service.

I've never delt with him, however have read several bad experiences.

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Guys that deal with him locally love him.. but I guess something could be said about a bunch of his guys leaving a while back and forming their own shop.

My buddy has a Mach bored to 5.0 and cammed and his car runs like a beast, it was done by Kurgan but unfortunately I can't provide my own experiences.

95SC

Reaction score
car will run very hard at the track but street driveability is poop

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
No personal experience, but a buddy had his turboed 96 GT tuned by Kurgan. He texted me while Kurgan was tuning telling me it started spewing coolant under boost. I said it sounds like the heads are lifting. Kurgan never stopped tuning. He made a few more pulls after that. I would think any good tuner would stop and find out what's going on.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
No personal experience, but a buddy had his turboed 96 GT tuned by Kurgan. He texted me while Kurgan was tuning telling me it started spewing coolant under boost. I said it sounds like the heads are lifting. Kurgan never stopped tuning. He made a few more pulls after that. I would think any good tuner would stop and find out what's going on.

^^^ this. No personal experience, but I have read he will tune anything, even if it has mechanical problems.

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
Local guy had kurgan tune his car when bob was based in Chicago. Guy had a built 3v JDM block, meth, and a ysi. It put up a good peak #s but the car was plauged with issues till he found a new tuner. For all I know it could've been mechanical issues, but I came across more dissatisfied people than people with positive results.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Realspeed is book out that far?

I've never delt with him, however have read several bad experiences.

I'm honestly not a fan of how realspeed does their tunes.

i tried to get in with enzo but i don't want to wait forever. I'm leaning towards lito at this point.

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
I have used Bob for quite a few things ever since he moved here to GA. He tuned my car back in 2010 when it was a 4.0 supercharged up to what I have now with the Livernois 298 stroker. I have never had driveability issues or any issues at all with anything he has done on my car, including tuning.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly not a fan of how realspeed does their tunes.

i tried to get in with enzo but i don't want to wait forever. I'm leaning towards lito at this point.

Oh, how so?

You could try Pro-edge tuning, CT I think.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Oh, how so?

You could try Pro-edge tuning, CT I think.

I've heard from more than a few people that he doesnt actually tune the car, he just throws different email tunes from a friend at SCT until he finds one that works well with the car. takes him 6 hours to tune the car

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've heard from more than a few people that he doesnt actually tune the car, he just throws different email tunes from a friend at SCT until he finds one that works well with the car. takes him 6 hours to tune the car

based on my experience, I think that is complete bullshit, Dan's been at it a long while and knows what he's doing. Can a radical set up take him 6 hours, yea, keep in mind a few things. He's running the shop as well. So he may not be in the car for hours straight, he's got a business to attend to.

Also think about this, how long does it take to upload a tune??? 5 mins? test it 5 mins? so he could "throw in" 5-6 tunes in a hour, so it would take 30+ tunes to get it the right one.... that makes no logical sense to me.

The reason he takes a while is (unlike some) he will not send a car out with the tune not being as perfect as he can make it, he just doesn't tune WOT, he works on all aspects of driveability.

Good luck where ever you go

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

thanks for any input
What combo are you running?

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
based on my experience, I think that is complete bullshit, Dan's been at it a long while and knows what he's doing. Can a radical set up take him 6 hours, yea, keep in mind a few things. He's running the shop as well. So he may not be in the car for hours straight, he's got a business to attend to.

Also think about this, how long does it take to upload a tune??? 5 mins? test it 5 mins? so he could "throw in" 5-6 tunes in a hour, so it would take 30+ tunes to get it the right one.... that makes no logical sense to me.

The reason he takes a while is (unlike some) he will not send a car out with the tune not being as perfect as he can make it, he just doesn't tune WOT, he works on all aspects of driveability.

Good luck where ever you go

this is true, i used to deliver parts to him and he's a great guy and very helpful. i may give him a call and see what his availability is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back