Anyone had the airbag recall done..Question

rlma84

Reaction score
Never mind!!! How stupid this is its just a letter telling me what i already know and that they will mail me another letter when parts become available :-(

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Lol... add me to the hurry up and wait list. Got mine today

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
My shitty local dealer won't even look at my car unless I leave it for the day. Which means I'm not getting this recall fixed. I still haven't had the cruise control deactivation switch fixed on my 2002 F150 yet, either. That is a 5 minute fix and they want the truck for the day to fix that as well.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Letter saying another letter when parts show up.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Never mind!!! How stupid this is its just a letter telling me what i already know and that they will mail me another letter when parts become available :-(

Remember that we are not normal owners around here. Yes, we are all aware of the recall almost as soon as it's issued; most people wouldn't know there is a problem until the letter shows up.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Because it's a safety recall, the car manufacturers have to do whatever they can to make the consumers aware of the current situation.

cheers
Ed

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
After cheking the list back in May and having Ford Dealer replace Air Bag Module just got recall letter need to replace inflator, not yet available. Stiil driving with potentail bomb in steering wheel. Got to wonder what happens if it goes off, snake eyes or sevens

07 Boss

Reaction score
I got my recall a while ago and they said they would be sending another letter when replacements wee here. But the other day I was at Ford and the service writer said just bring it in and it'll get done.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I just got mine in too, says like mentioned, I will get a follow up letter when parts are available. Guess I'll go to dealership this week and ask if they know when they will have the parts

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Ford hasn't even published a part number for the new recall yet, let alone given a timeline as to when they will be available. We'll all have to hang tough for a while. When I see something come through in my work email I'll post it.

cheers
Ed

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
JMO But I think Ford should give everyone effected a choice on whether to have it disconnected till they have a fix available, that would be the only fair option.

rlma84

Reaction score
Ohh thanks FORD for such a nice letter on the mail reminding me im driving around with a ticking granade on my steering wheel

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back