Anyone had the airbag recall done..Question

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm amazed more people aren't raising hell about this with Ford. There is no remedy for a safety device that can out of no where kill you? It's complete bullshit that we're left hanging in this deal. I don't like it one bit.

So are we just SOL? Are there no other avenues to pursue? We just sit back and pray we don't get killed by the airbag?

It's almost as bad as being stuck with our POS POTUS. Almost.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Unhook it if you think it's gonna go off and kill you. If I lived in a high risk area I might be inclined to do so until it was replaced. The replacements are out there because they told me just to drop it off and they would take care of it.

I'm sure there are not enough to replace all the defective ones at this very moment. It takes time to ramp up production to meet a sudden demand. I have that ignition recall on my Pontiac and it's been a struggle to have that swapped out. Was told they are manufacturing them as fast as they can. Takes a while to make that many of anything.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW, I was in an accident where I t-boned some teenager zipping through stopped traffic and all I remember was a loud boom and the smell. the steering wheel airbag went off as well as the side impact air bag and I'm still alive lol.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Unhook it if you think it's gonna go off and kill you. If I lived in a high risk area I might be inclined to do so until it was replaced. .

I'm thinking I might do this since I'm in sw florida, or remove it all together, which is what I did on my fox body years ago. I certainly will NEVER bring my car to the local dealer and let those ass monkeys touch it under any circumstances, they effed up way too many things on my cars over the years, and I know they wont give me the part so I may just unhook it.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I'm amazed more people aren't raising hell about this with Takata.

FIFY. Again, Takata is failing to provide "acceptable" replacements for the recalled vehicles. Even some of the replacements they shipped out had to be recalled. Ford right now, just like with most other manufacturer's under the recall, are at the mercy of Takata. If it was easy to jump manufacturers for the air bag system, I'm sure Ford would do it.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Came to say what Boaisy just did. Yep, we and Ford are both SOL at the moment. Their hands are tied waiting for Takata to get their shit together. And people are raising hell with Takata to get on top of this mess.

For my own car I'm not too worried--it's only 3 years old and I'm not in a high-humidity area, so it's very unlikely my little steering wheel bomb has any issues.

rlma84

Reaction score
Interesting enough I saw a gotta have green 5.0 at the dealership on the website stop by to check it out for my wife and sure enough it wasn't sitting on the lot so I asked the sales guy and he's telling me 15 of them have been removed from the lot and taken to the back service department being taken care for the airbag recall before they can sell them so obviously they started with their own vehicles and then will do the ones are out there risking owners lives

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Local dealer said their's are still sitting in the back lot awaiting for recall work.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Often what will happen with recall parts in short supply is that Ford Motor Co. will only release them to dealers by specific VIN, starting with customer units, then sold units on the dealer lot, then dealer stock units in that order of priority.

cheers
Ed

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I just got notice of the Airbag recall on my 14' GT.

Tempted not to get it done as dumb as that sounds. EVERY time I take my car in to the dealer, whether or not it was something basic like a blown bulb in the head light, belt change, etc. my car is driven several miles and I can always tell it was beaten on by someone at the dealer by the fumes from the engine bay. Hell, one time my race tune on my 05 GT was loaded. Wonder why my race tune needed to be loaded.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Do like one lady did recently and put a camera in it. I think she found out the dealer drove about 200-300 miles on her car when it was supposed to get serviced.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
^^^^ that would be awesome.

I am sure it is exciting when you get a car that is decently quick, loud, etc. and you want to see what it can do. However, I would never drive another person's car without their full blessing, let alone beat the crap out of it or drive it for a long period of time.

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
I'm amazed more people aren't raising hell about this with Ford. There is no remedy for a safety device that can out of no where kill you? It's complete bullshit that we're left hanging in this deal. I don't like it one bit.

So are we just SOL? Are there no other avenues to pursue? We just sit back and pray we don't get killed by the airbag

It's almost as bad as being stuck with our POS POTUS. Almost.

I like this guys statement. And fuck ford pretending to be an american made company with all their bullshit manufactured in Mexico parts. As a business, fuck you ford.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Um.....have you checked where ALL manufactures source their parts these days? It's a global market, there's no avoiding this. At least the car itself is manufactured here & the profits come back to this country. Best you're going to get any more.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I heard they have to flash the pcm when they do the airbag job? How does this affect us with tuned cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
Um.....have you checked where ALL manufactures source their parts these days? It's a global market, there's no avoiding this. At least the car itself is manufactured here & the profits come back to this country. Best you're going to get any more.

Yes, i already knew that. Why not put a big made in Mexico stamp directly on the outside logos, to match all of the interior parts internals?
I was a f shareholder during the crash for a quick 7% trade. Ford would outsource everything to get that almighty $ in any possible way.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Yeah, anyone know about the PCM flashing and what not?

This will void the warranty automatically for tuned cars, no?

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back