Anyone had the airbag recall done..Question

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Why are you going to unhook your airbag? How many of these have caused fatal results? You are probably more likely to be severely injured from the airbag NOT going off and having your face smash into the steering wheel or the seatbelt suddenly stopping you than you are when the airbag goes off.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Why are you going to unhook your airbag? How many of these have caused fatal results? You are probably more likely to be severely injured from the airbag NOT going off and having your face smash into the steering wheel or the seatbelt suddenly stopping you than you are when the airbag goes off.

They are just fear mongering. Majority of the deaths from the air bag were from discharged airbags from other vehicles. As stated before, how many members on this forum have posted about their accidents, and walked away from them just fine? None of them have died yet have they? So far, there is only 8 deaths total since this big stink was created. 8. Not 120+ like the GM ignition recalls, only 8.

The majority of the deaths were coming from Honda's that used Takata airbags. It just so happens that all of these other vehicles in the recall use the same kind of airbag. Until Takata uses the proper gas for the cartridge, even the replacements will warrant some kind of risk.

claudermilk

Reaction score
^^^ This. Pretty much all the deaths I recall reading about were older Hondas. Zero Mustangs mentioned & it took a while to find that we have the same faulty part.

Half of this thread seems to be filled with the S197Forum hobby of looking for shit to get worked up over.

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Like everyone else received the letter. Took my car to the dealer to get it taken care of. Waiting on parts.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Until Takata uses the proper gas for the cartridge, even the replacements will warrant some kind of risk.

Takata be like...
d4d741c15fed1771ddd7ea927bc6f691.jpg

Last edited:

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got my letter a couple of weeks ago and was told it would 6-8 months before parts are available.......WTF!

BLT2BTU

Reaction score
ya parts are a problem easy recall to do noonoe will have to mess with anything as far as a flash

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I have zero faith in the airbag period...personally it's not gonna change the way I drive

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I went to schedule mine and the dealer said they didn't have the parts and then said there was a second recall on the first recall and said I should wait on the second letter since they didn't have the parts for either one anyway. I said well I knew that, I just didn't want to be sitting on my butt and not responding. So I get home that same night and have a letter in the mail stating i should go ahead and have the first recall done. WTF?

Sent from iPhone

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I went to schedule mine and the dealer said they didn't have the parts and then said there was a second recall on the first recall

I got the letter last week and went into a second dealer after the first said they knew nothing and couldn't help me.
This dealer was better and looked them up and first said the same as they told you the second recall overwrites the first one, I have a friend that works in ford parts tell me otherwise so I questioned him on that and after some more reading he said yep you're right.... amazing when the customer knows more then the expert...
Booked in for next sat to get the first done

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a copy and paste from the Ford bulletin to dealers on 15S21, the latest recall:

A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this safety recall.

NOTE: Some vehicles included in 15S21 are also included in 14B09. The repair parts for 15S21 have not yet been developed and will be the subject of a future announcement.
• Vehicles that are currently open in 14B09 and 15S21 – Dealers should replace the driver airbag inflator under 14B09. 15S21 will remain open.

cheers
Ed

zenkem

Reaction score
Has anyone had their airbag replaced or even heard of someone getting their airbag replaced with Safety Recall 15S21??? Purchased a new 2014 mid-August and the Dealer won't release it to me.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Has anyone had their airbag replaced or even heard of someone getting their airbag replaced with Safety Recall 15S21??? Purchased a new 2014 mid-August and the Dealer won't release it to me.

Wait...what?

You bought a new 2014 in Aug. 2015?
The dealer won't release the car to you because of the recall? Is this correct? Is the dealer paying the note while it sits there?

Sent from iPhone

zenkem

Reaction score
I should be getting a $450 check this week for them not being able to deliver the vehicle but after that I'm not sure and yes my second car payment is due.

Here's what I got from Ford:
15S21 is a safety recall. Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $7,000 per vehicle.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
A friend of mine did try to buy a 2014 when the recalls started on the newer S197's. He was told the same thing about the dealer not being able to sell it because of the recall. Due to Takata sitting on their asses, it can hurt some dealers not being able to sell the stock that is affected.

Before I got out of sales, the Fusions had the same issue with the EcoBoost and the fuel lines. We had 4-5 Fusions that a ton of people wanted to buy, but couldn't sell them due to the recall they had on them. Took Ford about 5 months before we could sell those particular units.

Difference between the Airbag recall, and the Fusion recall, Ford actually had control over the parts and the timeline. With the airbags, Takata is holding the reins with all of the vehicle manufacturers.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
The moment they told me I couldn't receive my vehicle is the moment I would have ended that purchase agreement! Unless they planned on putting my car in storage in my shop. Lol

Sent from iPhone

zenkem

Reaction score
The dealer didn't tell me about the recall until the Bank sent the money out which is piss poor business...I'm not very happy about it as you may have guessed. I haven't backed out of the deal because it's a Warrior Track Pak #4 of 20. Pretty impressive car with 3" Motorsport exhaust, handling package, cold air induction, 19" wheels with 373's rear....

rlma84

Reaction score
I was lucky enough i picked up my 2013 GT like a month before recall was out so didnt have any issues now im just waiting to have airbag replaced my local dealer took out of the lot the years involved with recall but they still for sale on theyr website

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Wait...what?

You bought a new 2014 in Aug. 2015?
The dealer won't release the car to you because of the recall? Is this correct? Is the dealer paying the note while it sits there?

Sent from iPhone

Legally the car should not be delivered with a Pending Safety Recall.

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
I brought mine in to Ford today to have it replaced. They told me there is another revision for the one that they are installing so when that is available I can come back to replace it but I had to have the original replaced in the mean time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back