Anyone know what causes this with an SCT handheld?

GI Joe

Reaction score
After I loaded a tune in the car, my laptop nor my home computer will open the handheld. I plug it up and open "live load" and it wont activate the hand held. When I try to open live load it comes up with an error that says " ERROR...Xcal loopback failed. Could not read device"

?????

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
Xcal 2...
Its been working fine.......

I had the same issue before, but I was using an older version of Liveload which is why I asked. I am using 1.3.1.0 without issues so I am not sure what is causing your issue. If you do resolve it, can you post what the fix was?

travelers

Reaction score
I would try reinstalling liveload again and see what happens. If not I'd call SCT. I've read where others are having problems with the drivers not loading when you open liveload

GI Joe

Reaction score
Heres why I dont think its either of those...and I may be wrong...but it wont power up when you plug the thing to the computer...shouldn't it at least turn the thing on? Normally when I plug it in the main menu comes up..The xcal 2 lights up... But now nothing. Justin (VMP) says it busted..lol
He has a swap program...
I wish I knew for sure it was busted...BECAUSE I can plug it into the car and it comes on...makes no sense. So maybe you guys are right???

GI Joe

Reaction score
I cannot even find the live load software at SCT site anymore...my computer crashed in close time frame to this (shortly after the problem occured) and so I had to re format and I need the live load and cant even find it...
This sucks

travelers

Reaction score
Here you go, well I can't load it here. I went to Tech support and then down to the device updates and downloads, then select X@ 9400 then device update and softwar, hit search and the next screen will have the Liveload 3 at the top

Did you try a different USB cable?

Last edited:

GI Joe

Reaction score
Here you go, well I can't load it here. I went to Tech support and then down to the device updates and downloads, then select X@ 9400 then device update and softwar, hit search and the next screen will have the Liveload 3 at the top

Did you try a different USB cable?

ok I see they completely re formatted the site since I last down loaded it... It was just listed as Live load a while back...
I did not try another cable...I did try this cable on another computer with xcal 2 and no luck then I plugged this cable to a printer and it WORKED.
I made an assumption...I just I could try another cable...

So if it works on the car the thing is not busted right? at least not all the way...lol...or maybe the input side is busted...I'll try another cable...

travelers

Reaction score
So if it works on the car the thing is not busted right? at least not all the way...lol...or maybe the input side is busted...I'll try another cable...
That's what I was thinking. The input side might have the problem.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
After I loaded a tune in the car, my laptop nor my home computer will open the handheld. I plug it up and open "live load" and it wont activate the hand held. When I try to open live load it comes up with an error that says " ERROR...Xcal loopback failed. Could not read device"

?????

I am having a similiar issue when I try to plug into the laptop also, but it loads tunes just fine. The last time I had an issue the damn SCT earsed the tune from my car but would not load a new tune, leaving me with a dead car.

I would try another cable and also a different usb port. Also are you plugging the sct in the computer before or after starting the software? Uninstall the device drives and the live load software and start from scratch if none of those things work you will most likely need to send the handheld back to SCT. Unfortunately it does not take much to screw those things up.

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what happened to my Xcal2. It would not load the new tune and the car would be dead. I sent my handheld back to them twice. The first "new" handheld worked once then crapped out. I had to insist that I be sent a Xcal3. So far so good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back