Anyone run them rc's here?

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
i've owned about 5 trucks in the past 5 years or so. i got in to it and race in the big events with the traxxas revo for almost a year. then i got out of racing and just bashed with friends and have fun for free. anyone out there do this hobby as well?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a stadium truck I put together about 5 years ago, bought the best of everything for it and still couldn't keep from breaking it. They are alot of fun though, I gave up on mine after I hit a concrete slab at full speed. It tweaked the frame, busted both driveshafts and many othe parts so I decided it was time to give up on it.

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
lol. seems like you didnt learn how to drive it or its limits. i had a jato, emaxx, slayer, 3 revos, another jato and now a platinum revo that i raced with it. i havent broke anything in it myself for the past 2 years. just got to get used to it. they are fun tho

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some of the stuff broke without hitting anything, guess it was too rough of terrain for it. The concrete slab accident only had a little lip where the gravel met the concrete and had went that way several times. I just hit it a little wrong and that was the end of that hobby. I didn't think they were such a giant money pit until I got into it. Oh, a few times it broke from a tmaxx running over it lol. My friend has a tmaxx he stuck over 2k into and that thing was indestructable even with me driving.

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a Losi LST that I raced a little but mainly bashed. Since I got the Mustang I just don't have the time/money to put into the truck, so it's been sitting for about 2 years. Do miss it though.

some pics...
IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I have raced 1/8 buggy and truggy the past few years. I have been racing my Mugen MBX-6 converted to brushless lipo/ Fun stuff, but an expensive hobby. Cut back severly this past summer due to moving and the Mustang needing a new trans.

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mugen's are nice but I never got into the electric stuff. Besides the nitro smells too good, no kidding on the cost though. I haven't gotten more into racing because I know how much it'll run. I'd love to get a truggy and race but if I'm gonna spend that kind of money might as well put it into the car instead. It's why the LST is just sitting in the garage. The motor is worn out and I don't want to spend 200 bucks on it. Of course it's a lot more now... batteries, fuel, clutch...etc :thud:

Then again, it is cheaper than the car, so maybe I'm not spending wisely.

paypay2345

forum member
Reaction score
Man i got a After shock my wife bought me a year ago ran it 3 times and broke the front A arms had to get new ones any one wana buy this dumb think to fast for my slow ass hands haha

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
I have a 22 year old RC10 in the closet and decided recently to take it out and use it and then I saw all the advances in r/c and now wAnt something new.

I was looking at one of the new Taxxas Slash 4x4 RTR kits mainly for bashing. I am open to opinions on rigs to get. I like the idea of a truggy/stadium truck/monster truck over another buggy and think I'd prefer 4WD this time around.

Thanks

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 year old RC10 in the closet and decided recently to take it out and use it and then I saw all the advances in r/c and now wAnt something new.

I was looking at one of the new Taxxas Slash 4x4 RTR kits mainly for bashing. I am open to opinions on rigs to get. I like the idea of a truggy/stadium truck/monster truck over another buggy and think I'd prefer 4WD this time around.

Thanks

LOL - Just last week I pulled my RS4 Super Nitros out and started freshening them up. They make blowers for them now...

RBK10538-4.jpg

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
HPI and Losi fan here, Savage, Rs4, and Matt Francis stadium truck. Thinking of selling them though...I have the mod bug real bad right now for my car. I am thinking about selling damn near everything in my home!

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
Roper I wish you would stop posting those "blowers". In all the years I have been around this hobby, I have never heard anyone having success with one of these systems. They along with the "Nitrous" systems are little more than a joke. If you take that money and spend it on a good, quality race engine, you don't even need to worry about more power. Now if you were smart, you would convert your nitro to brushless lipo and have instant torque and bury the nitros, lol!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I first saw they came out with blowers, I thought about getting mine running again but I remembered how temperamental mine was.

Timbostang

Boost junkie!
Reaction score
I had a wasp .26 on my savage and it was a beast. First 1/8th MT to clear the triple at the local track. Also had a kyosh inferno, a couple of rs4's, team assoc. rc10gt, ofna 1/8th buggy.

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
I like my Savage as well. I just have the stock .21 on it and its good enough for me. I have not ran it in over a year though... I need to get it back out its just collecting dust.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Roper I wish you would stop posting those "blowers"...

Hehe, nah, if I got one it would be for the Concours car. The two others I run on the street are similar to how white05gt stated, tempermental as all hell.

Actually, I started with the electrics but then switched to fuel because my planes are fuel powered and had more experience with these fiesty little engines.

When I first saw they came out with blowers, I thought about getting mine running again but I remembered how temperamental mine was.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back