Anyone using Meth?? (not the drug)

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
So I might be trading a member on here some stuff and a little bit of cash for a Snow stage 2 maf kit, i was wanting to know what kind of gains are to be expected using a meth kit on my car and i hear its actually better for your car? I have a 05 gt 486 whp 10psi vortech aftercooler setup, and how hard are these to setup? Last question its being pulled from a 03 cobra there shouldnt be any fitment issues should there?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep fixed now.

Wow, I can't believe his intake temps were 275 degrees. Is that normal for a turbo?

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know they were really high before the Meth kit, he has a custom intake and custom Meth injection kit going on the car right now so may even drop the intake temps even more.

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
I did a great meth write-up on the other forum I might pass it on to here but running 100% meth injection is like running 110 octane. I have seen 60hp gains on a puny 4 cyl. It not only reduces the combustion chamber temps but it also increases the octane of the gasoline. I have a set-up on mine but I haven't gone all crazy since I am on the stock rods. Once I am on forged rods you ill jump the timing up quite a few.

Andrew

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
What about fitment issues, being that its coming off of a 03 cobra and im putting it on a 05 gt there shouldnt be any issues there should there?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well the whole intake temp thing was caused by the fact they were running crazy boost among other stuff lol and no it's not normal , mine got all the way up to 104 at wot but i also i was running 11psi to their 20+ , i too will be running a meth system once im back together lol and no they are pretty much a universal kit , im not really familiar with those but most are boost activated so you just tap into the boost line and your good to go , you can run more timing safely with this kit or run the same and use this as if it were race fuel to help detonation

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
well the whole intake temp thing was caused by the fact they were running crazy boost among other stuff lol and no it's not normal , mine got all the way up to 104 at wot but i also i was running 11psi to their 20+ , i too will be running a meth system once im back together lol and no they are pretty much a universal kit , im not really familiar with those but most are boost activated so you just tap into the boost line and your good to go , you can run more timing safely with this kit or run the same and use this as if it were race fuel to help detonation

so even though I have a aftercooler I should still see some gains because I will be able to run more timeing and have a much higher octane?

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
correct, actually if you just spray it and dont change anything you will actually loose some power.

Andrew

Thanks, and I know its very hard to know exactly but on my setup any guesses to as of how much of a whp gain I might get after I get the timing changed and it re tuned?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so even though I have a aftercooler I should still see some gains because I will be able to run more timeing and have a much higher octane?

yep it will still drop iat's but i highly doubt you will see results like steve did , because yours are nowhere near that ( well at least i hope not lol ) and steve was running a triple nozzle kit i think it was 2 9gph and a 12gph so yea his car was a crackhead lol

and yes this acts as if it were race gas so you can safely up the timing but dont go stupid on it if anything just lean it on .5 to 1 point max to run this that way if it does malfunction you dont have to worry about cooking your motor

and if you do use this without tuning you will be running rich but like i said before depending on what nozzles it may only richen it up .25 or .5 or so

2006satinGT

it's fast enough....NOT !
Reaction score
I have 100% meth on my stroker... don't really know how much HP gain there was just from that because it was done while the motor was being up graded.. the only down side with it is once you set it up for it you have to always use it.... I am not quite sure why this is but the guys that put it together for me said if it runs dry under boost it will lean out and very very bad things will happen to my motor... I really need to get a bigger resivour.. with a low level indicator..
mine has 2 jets spraying between the blower and the heads..

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have 100% meth on my stroker... don't really know how much HP gain there was just from that because it was done while the motor was being up graded.. the only down side with it is once you set it up for it you have to always use it.... I am not quite sure why this is but the guys that put it together for me said if it runs dry under boost it will lean out and very very bad things will happen to my motor... I really need to get a bigger resivour.. with a low level indicator..

well yes and no the thing is how many lbs. of boost are you running ? timing ? plenty people run 14+ on 93 so its not necessary BUT if your car is only tuned for meth then yes you have to run it , my plan is to have a " street tune " that will only use 93 , then make a " race tune " that will use the meth more than likely 2 or 3 nozzles depending on lbs of boost among other stuff

so the reservoir will last ( well from what i've been told ) a full track outing no problem , and your shop wasn't bs'in ya if you do run out it will lean out and go boom 9 outa 10 lol thats why i said the whole thing on only droping the a/f .5 or max of 1 point even then you can still blow a motor but it gives you a greater shot of keeping it in one piece .......also you can tune it to boost pressure so it only comes on when you really need it so say your pushing 15lbs tune it for when you hit 10 or so that will lenghten the time you get on a tank , or do as i am and making a roughly 5gal spare tire well tank for it lol

think of meth as a condom , it helps to stop you from having something you really dont want , but its not fullproof so always keep it in the back of your mind that shit can still go wrong lmao

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, and I know its very hard to know exactly but on my setup any guesses to as of how much of a whp gain I might get after I get the timing changed and it re tuned?

it all depends on your mixture %, how much you are spraying and how aggressive you want to go.

That is correct. Remember you are throwing in methanol, if it were to fail you will end up running lean + advanced timming. That would be like running a c16 tune with 93 octane; you know you are going to have detonation lol. Labonte motorsports makes a very nice controller with some failsafes built in

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
LOL really well put nasty, do you think I would be safe to jump up to 12psi now or should I still stick at 10psi? I am also thinking I am gonna get a 2-5 gal fuel cell for it so I won't be filling it up so often.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol well that your on your own with buddy lol , i know people running 11+ no prob at all and i know people running 11 and under and motor go boom ( myself included lol ) now if you have the cash for a new longblock sure give it hell but if not then id stay where you are ....jmo and like i said i talked to rodney at ais and he told me they would get something like 40 passes out of the 1.5 gal tank but that also depends on motor/nozzles ect. he told me there is no reason i should need a big tank but im getting it free and i figure the added weight on the ass end cant hurt with traction lol

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
So now my question is with my setup and stock block is it even worth putting out the cash to get a setup installed and retuned? or should I put my money towards something else like cams?

06BBR

forum member
Reaction score
So now my question is with my setup and stock block is it even worth putting out the cash to get a setup installed and retuned? or should I put my money towards something else like cams?

I am running a 50/50 mix of water/meth on my non intercooled vortech t-trim 06 GT @ 24PSI with IATs of 114 @ 7400.

My old setup was a tuner s-trim kit @ 8PSI with a snow stage 2 making 470rwhp with only an axle back & charge motion plates.

I have been running meth for almost a year with great results.

Now...you are already close to the limit on your stock block. It will give you extra insurance that your IATs stay low and give you a huge bump in octaine which is a plus. You will need a retune because there is no way you can just spray meth without it. Your A/F will be way too rich once the progressive controler starts letting the meth flow. Make sure your relocate your IAT sensor into the manifold to get the most out of that kit. You could even play with the timing to give you some more bottom end out of that vortech kit.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back