Anyone with 127550 cams only ? Need advice

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
anyone running this specific cam, did you need a low vacuum bypass valve on your blower or did the standard valve work ? Any chance you could measure vacuum at idle and post up the number ?

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. I called Whipple and explained my situation and they sent me a bypass actuator that doesn’t snap shut at low vacuum. It made a huge difference and made the car tuneable. I also have a TR-6060 trans and 373 gears. It still takes a bit of practice to launch. You have to give it a bit of throttle to hold/build vacuum as you come off the clutch, slipping the clutch a bit. I have a McLeod RXT clutch. Before the new bypass controller arrived, I had attached a counterbalance spring between the original controller and a fixed point on the cowl to provide the same effect. IIRC my idle vacuum is about 8” (not quite driving weather here yet). I have ported heads and headers as well.

08Bullitt_0067

forum member
Reaction score
What exactly do you experience with the standard bypass valve? I am running a whipple with 127500 cams. I know they are NA cams, it's what I had at the time. I plan on swapping them for the 550s at some point.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
Yes. I called Whipple and explained my situation and they sent me a bypass actuator that doesn’t snap shut at low vacuum. It made a huge difference and made the car tuneable. I also have a TR-6060 trans and 373 gears. It still takes a bit of practice to launch. You have to give it a bit of throttle to hold/build vacuum as you come off the clutch, slipping the clutch a bit. I have a McLeod RXT clutch. Before the new bypass controller arrived, I had attached a counterbalance spring between the original controller and a fixed point on the cowl to provide the same effect. IIRC my idle vacuum is about 8” (not quite driving weather here yet). I have ported heads and headers as well.
im 6r80 swapped soooo,,, good info to know.

Did you see my reply an FB?
yes I did,thanks

Last edited:
Back