anyone with a painted center console

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here had a painted center console that matches their car color? if so could you post some pics?

no I didn't search.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I did it anyway and figure if I get tired of it ill just jump on ebay and buy another console and surround. I know its not for most people but I like it for now.

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Would definitely need sunglasses to ride in there.lol It doesnt look to bad, I just think it needs a little bit more black to break it up a little. Maybe if there was racing stripes like you car on it or something.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Little too much for my personal taste, especially being such a bright color. However I will say it seems you did a good job executing it, nice job doing it yourself.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My buddy got is done in SGM but he kept the factory texture that came on his dash and did all of his interior pieces. It looks awesome... I wish I had pics.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
So that is definitely not a rattle can job. Looks really nice, but very bright. How did you do it?

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I paint and hydro dip. I was going to dip this but decided to just leave it yellow. if people think that's "busy" they ought to see under my hood. when I open my hood at car shows it draws a crowd but I live in a small town. everything under hood is yellow skulls faded to white and zombie battery and brake booster covers. we did it in skulls and zombies to use as a advertisement piece at car shows.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I like to make things not glare hense my blacked out hood. So you can hydro dip dash pannel pieces? How much would it cost to get everything you painted on yours painted redfire metallic to include the vent and gauge bezzels?

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
Never been a fan of painting any interior parts.
I just dont think it looks correct.. just my opinion.

That Hydro dipping is freakin cool!!!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I think it would look better if the "side" pieces were still black leaving just the stripe of yellow down the middle.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you did a quality job for sure. I have been considering doing the same thing in my ride but in piano black.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Looks good. I like to make things not glare hense my blacked out hood. So you can hydro dip dash pannel pieces? How much would it cost to get everything you painted on yours painted redfire metallic to include the vent and gauge bezzels?

pm sent

yeah, like I was saying some days its a little bright but then people look in the car and like it. figure i'll pick up a extra set to be able to swap in and out.

I think it would look better if the "side" pieces were still black leaving just the stripe of yellow down the middle.

I might try that cause I have a extra unpainted set too

That Hydro dipping is freakin cool!!!

yeah it is. no matter how much I do it im still always amazed.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would put black stripes down it to match the outside of the car and take some yellow away.

Like we did here.

imagejpeg_3-4.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back