anyone with a painted center console

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
IMG_20130120_131641.jpg

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
looking at it has me thinking but ive always liked the original dash. now if I could come up with a extra set I would just to be able to swap in and out.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
You gonna do something like that David?

got a hell of a deal on a entire dash today John. im thinking about doing it, I know its over kill but ill be able to swap dashes in and out. also picked up a console and radio bezel.
I was wondering if I should just keep my airbag and swap the covers out or swap the airbag and cover whenever I change them. I had though about selling one of the airbags to recoup alittle money but it would probably be better to just keep each airbag with the covers.

im gonna message Jeremy(s&h performance) to see if he'll tell me the prep he took to shoot the paint on those parts

Last edited:

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Did that to the Mrs car a few years back.
I recommend it.

20140608_163844_zpsjate0o1u.jpg

20140223_130859_zpsdc1c564a.jpg

Last edited:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
got a hell of a deal on a entire dash today John. im thinking about doing it, I know its over kill but ill be able to swap dashes in and out. also picked up a console and radio bezel.
I was wondering if I should just keep my airbag and swap the covers out or swap the airbag and cover whenever I change them. I had though about selling one of the airbags to recoup alittle money but it would probably be better to just keep each airbag with the covers.

im gonna message Jeremy(s&h performance) to see if he'll tell me the prep he took to shoot the paint on those parts

It's easy just to swap the covers, no sense in shipping the airbag to them just to paint the cover, plus that bastard is heavy!

Did that to the Mrs car a few years back.
I recommend it.

20140608_163844_zpsjate0o1u.jpg

^ Perfect!!!!

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Barricade did you paint it yourself or did you have it done?

im gonna paint it myself John. I did my own console. I just need to figure out if they painted a plain black dash or the premium silver dash. I'd like to keep my silver and paint the black one I just picked up, just trying to figure out the correct way to prep it so it stays. that's what I pm'ed him about. guess I'll just prep it like I did my console

Last edited:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes! I've got my stock dash I'm wanting to do something with...I would really love carbon fiber with some grabber orange in it if that's even possible.

Barricade

Reaction score
Barricade did you paint it yourself or did you have it done? ...

This was back in January 2012...

The white is a primer sealer used for the yellow...:

4e61bb59.jpg

2b30ce13.jpg

ded25539.jpg

21d63b46.jpg

TA DAAAA!!

1a75d37d.jpg

and with 3 coats of clear.....(drum roll please!).......

e640290e.jpg

Two vents are yellow and two in the center are black to blend in.

I did the silver Premium dash and buffed it good so everything would stick..

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
thanks for all the pics.

I just couldn't bring myself to shoot my silver dash. I know it would have came out much better than shooting over the black regular dash since the silver is rigid and smooth and the black is flexible with a rough texture.

I scrubbed it down with 95% rubbing alcohol and a scotchbrite pad then used wax and grease remover. then used a high build epoxy primer then sanded to try to smooth some of the texture. I painted the yellow yesterday but it still had that textured look. im gonna try to paint the black stripes on today im just hoping the black doesn't bleed under the tape into the yellow to bad.

Barricade

Reaction score
I picked up a spare dash to do it on. I was affraid I'd screw it up. lol
Tape it good!

The Airbag is two bolts you can easily access via the glove box...
once the bolts are removed the airbag comes out with the cover. You can then unhinge the cover from the bag.
Its real easy to see how its done once you pull it out.

Last edited:

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
wish I had a paint booth like the one in your pics, that's sweet.

well I think im gonna put the new stock console and radio surround back in to tone it down abit.

the white dots next to the center vents is the damn phone flash...I didn't notice till I loaded it up.

Last edited:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
No no no!!! That's look great as it is David!!! OR....repaint the sides, radio bezel and center piece to add the stripes going down it all.

Last edited:

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
No no no!!! That's look great as it is David!!! OR....repaint the sides, radio bezel and center piece to add the stripes going down it all.

LOL, thanks John.
I think there are about 2 or 3 things ive done to this car after you said it would look good or posted a pic and so far im digging it.

the wife even liked it which surprised me. while I was at it I painted a spare pair of door speaker rings.......that was alittle much. I put one on and couldn't get it back off quick enough.

Not a great pic but painted mine hotrod black a few years ago to match the center of the hood.

i know a lot of people don't like it but I think it looks good when exterior colors come inside.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back