Average building cost in you area on new home?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the average building cost is on a new home in your area. We are looking to build and getting house plans finalized. The average cost around Louisiana is $75 a square foot per the internet but the average in Houma, LA is $105 a square foot.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you staying in Louisiana, or are you considering other areas of the country? Kinda a broad question posed...

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
When I was looking last year, it seemed to be around $60-70 a sq ft (this was outside of Waco city limits). We ended up just building a house after we couldn't find anything we liked. Cost around $110 a sq ft for us to build.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I don't know what the average is exactly, but my buddy just built a house (had a house built I should say) which is what I would consider about average.

It's 2900sq feet on a .18 lot, and he paid $239,000. So about $82/sq foot.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I was looking last year, it seemed to be around $60-70 a sq ft (this was outside of Waco city limits). We ended up just building a house after we couldn't find anything we liked. Cost around $110 a sq ft for us to build.

It looks like its going to end up around $130 sq/ft. Per the couple contractors we sent it out to.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We built our house using metal frame, and not wood. Family owns a construction business so I took over the left over studs and what not. Still had to end up buying things here and there, but it was worth it in the end.

Wife designed the layout the way she wanted it, all I cared about was a big enough living room, man cave, and garage.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the average is exactly, but my buddy just built a house (had a house built I should say) which is what I would consider about average.

It's 2900sq feet on a .18 lot, and he paid $239,000. So about $82/sq foot.

2900 living or total? Our house is going to be 3770 sq/ft living and 5830 sq/ft total with garage and covered patio. It seems it is going to cost around $770k with the property which is 1.67 acres.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We built our house using metal frame, and not wood. Family owns a construction business so I took over the left over studs and what not. Still had to end up buying things here and there, but it was worth it in the end.

Wife designed the layout the way she wanted it, all I cared about was a big enough living room, man cave, and garage.

I'm just worried about garage. 3 car with separate central air. Heated and cooled so I can stay in there all year round.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Here in Central Texas, the house I'm currently in is a custom home at $107 sq ft and includes an oversized 3 car garage . The house I'm building outside of Austin is running me $132 sq ft with the current design.

It's all a matter of what level of architecture, comfort, and energy efficiency you want, along with what part of the country you live in.

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
so texas is a cheaper place to build a house ? iam looking into to places where ill have a house built when iam at the point in my life

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Not all parts of Texas are cheap. Depends on how big the bubble is in that area. I'm just lucky to be stationed in the part of Texas where I can get a very good house for under $250k.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Man you guys are lucky. My wife and I are looking at a new house about 4 miles from where we currently live, it is about 2300sq ft of finished living space with a bunch of unfinished in the basement, $413k and on 1.3 acres
The house we bough two years ago was $250k for 1650sq ft on a 1/4 acre postage stamp

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back