back from the rolex and Continental race

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This weekend was the opening race for the grand am road racing series at Daytona and the rolex 24. This has been a Long weekend/vacation for me for several years to get out of the cold and into the racing series. If you enjoy sports car racing this should be a "must see" for you.

attached is a link to several pictures.

"detailed pictures" is mostly of detailed photos of suspension and the new cage found in the 2010 boss, roush car and some misc Continental tire challenge.

the other is "continental /grand am " just garage pics and misc.photos from the rolex and continental races

I'm not one to take pictures of cars racing around the track.

this is more a bunch of build/tech photos

Enjoy!!!!!!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/poemotorsports

Last edited:

ShadowWulf

Reaction score
Siiick!

That looks like a different manifold on the 302R, versus the production one on the "Coyote"

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That looks like a different manifold on the 302R, versus the production one on the "Coyote

Ya, I had a few conversations with people that know about the coyote program and this engine. You will be shocked on how much the street version and this version are the same .

Target price is $8,500 for this motor from ford racing when it comes out. They are that similar from what I have been told.

I was told "different but the same" With a wink about the intake. this is from guys that know what they speak about.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Ya, I had a few conversations with people that know about the coyote program and this engine. You will be shocked on how much the street version and this version are the same .

Target price is $8,500 for this motor from ford racing when it comes out. They are that similar from what I have been told.

I was told "different but the same" With a wink about the intake. this is from guys that know what they speak about.

That's a nice price drop from $30k per engine for the Cammer R50! Sharing the design with an HVM production engine certainly has benefits for both racers and normal consumers.

I'm wondering if this race manifold will be featured on the rumored BOSS302 special edition car for 2012. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hope you got to stay dry!

I watched 2-3 hours of the coverage, looked like it would be a fun time

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I watched a couple of hours on Saturday, then watched about 4 or 5 hours of it yesterday. Just to have someone show up and screw up me seeing the last 20 minutes.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I watched a couple of hours on Saturday, then watched about 4 or 5 hours of it yesterday. Just to have someone show up and screw up me seeing the last 20 minutes.

:mad2:

DVR FTW!

Reaction score
I'm jealous as all hell. At least I had it all on my DVR. I was watching it till I passed out at around 5am or so. Anyone wanna take a stab at why the RX-8 runs in GT class with the camaros and Porsches, yet the mustang doesn't? I found that strange. I'm guessing it's just ford deciding to concentrate on one series?

I didn't see the continental race, I'm not sure it aired yet. It looks like it's gonna air on the 13th on speed. But I'm looking at the standings and it looks like the 302R's didn't do too great, but there are plenty of other mustangs in the field (highest place finisher 4th, right ahead of the camaro). What I'm wondering is "Are the 302Rs the only ones with the coyote or is that just a team name?"

Last edited:

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
!

I'm jealous as all hell. At least I had it all on my DVR. I was watching it till I passed out at around 5am or so. Anyone wanna take a stab at why the RX-8 runs in GT1 class with the camaros and Porsches, yet the mustang doesn't? I found that strange. I'm guessing it's just ford deciding to concentrate on one series?

I'm coming over for highlights!

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous as all hell. At least I had it all on my DVR. I was watching it till I passed out at around 5am or so. Anyone wanna take a stab at why the RX-8 runs in GT class with the camaros and Porsches, yet the mustang doesn't? I found that strange. I'm guessing it's just ford deciding to concentrate on one series?

I didn't see the continental race, I'm not sure it aired yet. It looks like it's gonna air on the 13th on speed. But I'm looking at the standings and it looks like the 302R's didn't do too great, but there are plenty of other mustangs in the field (highest place finisher 4th, right ahead of the camaro). What I'm wondering is "Are the 302Rs the only ones with the coyote or is that just a team name?"

Ford has a Mustang that is sanctioned to compete in the GT4 category for FIA races, a variant of the FR500C...I don't think they've carried this over to the 2010 cars yet.

Reaction score
Ford has a Mustang that is sanctioned to compete in the GT4 category for FIA races, a variant of the FR500C...I don't think they've carried this over to the 2010 cars yet.

Not trying to sound smart, but what does that have anything to do with what I asked? I don't think I've even seen any of those races ever aired in the states. Is the "Man racer" using a coyote? I'm thinking "no". I'm asking specifically about the use of the coyote in this series. Are the 302Rs the only one using them or is it just a team? I just find it weird that the highest place 302R was like 49th or 50th.

Last edited:
Reaction score

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Dude I LOOOOVE those BBS rims on the mustang. I checked the website and its a CH-R? But they only come in 20s?

I'd Love to get those rims.

Are they right poe?

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I found it odd too that the RX-8 was in there. I know Leh Keen that drives the number 41 rx-8 he use to race for Porsche last year and won the over all points in the gt class. Ive been meaning to ask him why, out of all the cars to run in the gt class they choose a rx-8.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Last edited:
Back