back from the rolex and Continental race

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is just sick...

382104406.jpg

382104420.jpg

Best brake duct inlet I've seen in a while... I'm guessing the extra duct line is heading to the airbox?

Duplicating that would be a bitch, but I'd bet that buying one would be ungodly $$$$$$$$$.

Did anybody check out the homestead race where grand-am found this to be against the spirit of the rules and made them remove it. Didn't matter he came from the back of the st field to win that race.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Did anybody check out the homestead race where grand-am found this to be against the spirit of the rules and made them remove it. Didn't matter he came from the back of the st field to win that race.

So THAT's why they were kicked off the pole?

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Does anyone that's seen a BOSS302R in-person know if they are using the Electric-Power-Assisted-Steering (EPAS) or not on the race cars?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score

Did they say what their issue was with it? I only caught the tail end of the race, I didn't hear any mention of it..

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So THAT's why they were kicked off the pole?

from my understanding "YES"

Did they say what their issue was with it? I only caught the tail end of the race, I didn't hear any mention of it..

I don't recall what the exact saying was but I think it was something to do with a aero advantage or something along those lines.

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score

Billy Johnson (Roush's co-driver) told us that they had been running the same setup and had never had issues until that day with the brake ducting. They were frustrated, but decided they were going to do everything they could to show what they could do. Pretty neat stuff there, coming from last to first!

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Billy Johnson (Roush's co-driver) told us that they had been running the same setup and had never had issues until that day with the brake ducting. They were frustrated, but decided they were going to do everything they could to show what they could do. Pretty neat stuff there, coming from last to first!

Well , keep in mind from my understanding they only ran it at daytona and they didn't do shit then cause of the rear caliper bolt "woops" nobody gave a a crap then. I'm sure other teams seen it and was talking about it.

When they showed up at homestead and put down some fast laps is when people started pointing fenders. fast teams don't give a crap about what slower car tema are doing. they take notice though when someone spanks them.

that was impressive though. almost to impresive. there are some great drivers and teams in rolex/grand am. I hate saying "continental tire challenge" . to see someone drive through the complete gs field from the back of st is impressive.

I wonder, from my understanding those are sealed motors from Roush racing. who the hell checks the Roush engine in that car ? "ROUSH" ?

I've seen data first hand on that car in a wind tunnel. those guys are removing mirrors, fenders wells, shimming tunk lids etc. etc .

hell I was even told they removed the lids that cover the factoy fuel pumps/tank to pickup downforce.

that series is getting pretty serious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back