Back to hobbies...

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, if I had time and money, theres LOTS of stuff Id love to actively and regularly participate in. But, the "car stuff" comes first. Then hiking and photography.

Something I used to do but havent for 2 decades are plastic model kits. Still have kits unopened, opened but not started and in various stages of completion. But I guess the models just goes along with the "car stuff".

Redwolf

Reaction score
BMX biking. I'll post up some links later. I'm getting drunk currently. lol.

BMX was my hobby when I was younger. I had, and still have the original Thruster Tri-Power frame and forks in ecxellent condition. I built my bike from the frame up. I bought the bike complete, but when I got home I replaced the rims, spokes, hubs, spocket, crank, handlebar stem, ect.. My bike was stripped and light for racing, no chain guard, single rear brake, and plastic seat. I raced and competed many times. Damn that was fun........

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
BMX was my hobby when I was younger. I had, and still have the original Thruster Tri-Power frame and forks in ecxellent condition. I built my bike from the frame up. I bought the bike complete, but when I got home I replaced the rims, spokes, hubs, spocket, crank, handlebar stem, ect.. My bike was stripped and light for racing, no chain guard, single rear brake, and plastic seat. I raced and competed many times. Damn that was fun........

Dude, that's bad ass!!!!! My Favorite rider is from Maryland, Brad Simms! I gotta get some pics up of my newest bike that I just finished a few weeks ago.. Should be up by tonight. :beer:

DraggnRoush

Jimi Hendrix Blues
Reaction score
TattooStrat.jpg

Electric Guitar & Cycling...

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Dude my shit wont start with the puller. How do I get it to start and I think my solenoid is bad as well because it no longer turns red.
You can get a new pullstart or buy a bump starter which you hook up to a car battery, I don't use pull starts they suck off power :thumb:
and you're solenoid? you mean the glow starter? does it look like this?
p-285.jpg

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Yeah my ignitor is fucked because it broke on me but i tryed putting it back together and the glow plug is only like $6 so I will be buying it. How do you feel about the electric starter?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It's reliable, you just bump the flywheel with it to turn the engine over while you ignite the plug.

S601_S610n02.JPG

it's all I use, pull starts are good untill you start going through 10 of them lol the bump start never fails.

DraggnRoush

Jimi Hendrix Blues
Reaction score
When you have it tattoed on yourself its more then a hobby. lol

LOL!..yeah you're right - I was New England regional criterium champion in 1994 & raced in Europe (Belgium) for a couple years after that... VERY serious cycling, NOT a hobby! Now I spend more time playing guitar & I'm getting into drag racing my Roush!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

Dude, that's bad ass!!!!! My Favorite rider is from Maryland, Brad Simms! I gotta get some pics up of my newest bike that I just finished a few weeks ago.. Should be up by tonight. :beer:

Getting the thread up now! :thumb:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, snow sounds good right about now in this Houston heat....nice pic, Kim!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back