Bad Sellers

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Skwerl, I texted him and offered to split the return shipping with him, and he refused that as well. AND I'm not trying to fuck some dude out of his money, I'm an honest person, ask anyone who knows me. Believe me, when I say, I will NEVER buy used parts again because of this mess.....I'm done, over and out

If I ever put anything in the forsale section, please just ignore it.:baby:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
YES!!!
Ive been trying to get him to do this since before he even posted in here.....lol

He has to much negativity invested into them now. I suspect he will stay the course with his paypal contest.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Might not make it to the bad buyer's thread, but I'm certainly going to remember to demand the money be gifted to me from paypal if he ever wants to buy anything from me. I'm not fighting a dispute over somebody buying used then being mad when the items are used.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
I had a member dispute me over the same damn thing and its in this thread where I got called out. although the guts in mine weren't distorted. they just sounded like they had sand in them. I refunded his money and paid half of return shipping to pacify him and wound up just throwing them in the garbage.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
I had a member dispute me over the same damn thing and its in this thread where I got called out. although the guts in mine weren't distorted. they just sounded like they had sand in them. I refunded his money and paid half of return shipping to pacify him and wound up just throwing them in the garbage.

That really sucks, im sorry you had to deal with a similar issue. Another guy posted that it seems to be pretty normal with magnaflow mufflers to sound like that.

Unfortunately i cant afford to take a $300 loss and toss them, not that its really relevant but i could really use the money to pay off some unexpected medical bills.

Saleen194

Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware.....I made an offer to Kylar that I would pay full return shipping of the mufflers to him if he made a full refund of the purchase price. I would also drop the Paypal investigation

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware.....I made an offer to Kylar that I would pay full return shipping of the mufflers to him if he made a full refund of the purchase price. I would also drop the Paypal investigation

Okay, just so everyone knows that buys from me, if you receive a part and don't like it as received. You ship it back to me and I refund the amount you payed me. That is how it should work. When buying and selling used parts, I will except 50% of the shipping liability (meaning I shipped to you, you ship it back) if the other party does not like what he received, in a reasonable amount of time of course. There have been a couple in my history here. Sometimes things are in good shape to one party while the other expects something better. If buying and selling used part, I feel that if I shipped it to you and you don't like it, you should ship it back to me. I mean wtf are we talking here in this case, $25.00?

Last edited:

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score

Besides the fact that i dont feel i should have to deal with the hassle of taking them back and reselling them, No im not going to refund you in full and just hope you send them back. Thats not how returns work.

Kylar, I'm just curious, but did anything happen with the claim?

Still waiting for it to play out. I'll most likely get the shit end of the stick, we will see.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Okay, just so everyone knows that buys from me, if you receive a part and don't like it as received. You ship it back to me and I refund the amount you payed me. That is how it should work. When buying and selling used parts, I will except 50% of the shipping liability (meaning I shipped to you, you ship it back) if the other party does not like what he received, in a reasonable amount of time of course. There have been a couple in my history here. Sometimes things are in good shape to one party while the other expects something better. If buying and selling used part, I feel that if I shipped it to you and you don't like it, you should ship it back to me. I mean wtf are we talking here in this case, $25.00?

Same here.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

That's pretty much the standard. Treat people how you would want to be treated. Even the paypal dispute will end up with the buyer shipping the mufflers back on his dime.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. If you want new, pay the price and buy new products. Pretty ridiculous if you're that picky, and still buy used. Stop being cheap! I agree with above statements.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. If you want new, pay the price and buy new products. Pretty ridiculous if you're that picky, and still buy used. Stop being cheap! I agree with above statements.

To add to this the product must be as described. Just because it's used isn't an excuse for selling crap.

As described and the buyers expectations seem to be the root cause of disagreements between two otherwise honest people. I don't think that either party in this transaction is a scammer, they just have different expectations.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To add to this the product must be as described. Just because it's used isn't an excuse for selling crap.

As described and the buyers expectations seem to be the root cause of disagreements between two otherwise honest people. I don't think that either party in this transaction is a scammer, they just have different expectations.

To be fair, it sounds like condition matches the other used on other forums.

I agree 100% about the expectations part.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score

Oh. Without a doubt! I would never condone selling crap! I was just talking about the expectations of buying used over new..

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
To be fair, it sounds like condition matches the other used on other forums.

I agree 100% about the expectations part.

It does but if the buyer doesn't know what other forums are saying it isn't unreasonable for he to think that something was up with the mufflers looking at the pics. I bought those exact same kind of mufflers from a member on the forum and the inside of mine DIDN'T look like that. All of it could have been avoided with a pic of the inside of the muffler and better communication on both sides.

On a side note those magnaflows sounded quieter then the stock mufflers on my 05. The fit was shit too. They certainly aren't worth $500 new. Perhaps half of that but magnaflow is way to proud of their stuff. Sound wise they are fine for someone who has headers and a catless setup who wants to tone it down though.

Last edited:

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
It does but if the buyer doesn't know what other forums are saying it isn't unreasonable for he to think that something was up with the mufflers looking at the pics. I bought those exact same kind of mufflers from a member on the forum and the inside of mine DIDN'T look like that. All of it could have been avoided with a pic of the inside of the muffler and better communication on both sides.

On a side note those magnaflows sounded quieter then the stock mufflers on my 05. The fit was shit too. They certainly aren't worth $500 new. Perhaps half of that but magnaflow is way to proud of their stuff. Sound wise they are fine for someone who has headers and a catless setup who wants to tone it down though.

Thanks for the feedback, i dont think ive seen an ad for mufflers with pictures taken of the insides. it seems to be that magnaflow is inconsistent, but others have posted their mufflers looked the same, and had the same noise when shaking.

Last edited:

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
As a final update
After everything the buyer decided to close the claim and keep the mufflers

To all I have no problems with returns if the item is damaged or not as described. As long as you ship it back first BEFORE expecting a refund. I will not refund a buyer before the item is back in my hands. I think that is pretty standard and reasonable.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I bought a set of used Bassanti axle backs for my sons car here several weeks back, they had the sand inside sound as well. I put them on the car and they sound great. Just my experience with used mufflers. Take it for what you want.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back