Bama tune 2011+ (moved)

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I am familiar with how Maf and o2 readings work with the pcm.
Seer said that headers will not effect incoming air which it will effect maf reading which means incoming air has changed....which means headers will effect incoming air.

I think you need to look up what a mass air flow meter does.

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
MAF voltage changes due to a pressure change, the headers themselves have ZERO impact on the metering of incoming airflow nor will they require a recalibration.

Again. I dont care about the calibration.
Restricting my exhaust (stock cats) and logging Maf then do a pull. Then change nothing but freeing up the exhaust and log maf again the Maf reading will be different.

I have never tuned a car But I have Plenty of Hours with Livelink on both my Turbo Focus which was completely tuned Via Livelink and emails and on my 5.0. I am familiar enough with the program to read and understand the changes in the readings and what they mean.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Again. I dont care about the calibration.
Restricting my exhaust (stock cats) and logging Maf then do a pull. Then change nothing but freeing up the exhaust and log maf again the Maf reading will be different.

I have never tuned a car But I have Plenty of Hours with Livelink on both my Turbo Focus which was completely tuned Via Livelink and emails and on my 5.0. I am familiar enough with the program to read and understand the changes in the readings and what they mean.

so your mass air flow meter is attached to your headers on your car? interesting configuration you have :stooges:

Witt

forum member
Reaction score
I am familiar with how Maf and o2 readings work with the pcm.
Seer said that headers will not effect incoming air which it will effect maf reading which means incoming air has changed....which means headers will effect incoming air.
Seer can correct me if I'm wrong but it appeared that you had a problem with Lund saying your tune was setup for the additional mods. You said you installed headers and wanted a custom tune for them. Seer stated that Lund was correct, the calibration will not need changed. We showed you why but for some reason you are stating it affects incoming airflow. While correct, incoming airflow is metered and does not require a change to the MAF transfer table. I noted a few exceptions to the rule (non-maf and o2 transport delay).

I think you are confusing MAF voltage feedback with MAF voltage calibration.

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
I do not work in the auto tuning industry.

He is just awesomely knowledgable. As are many of the members here. So you better know what you are talking about if you want to take any of them on.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Seer can correct me if I'm wrong but it appeared that you had a problem with Lund saying your tune was setup for the additional mods. You said you installed headers and wanted a custom tune for them. Seer stated that Lund was correct, the calibration will not need changed. We showed you why but for some reason you are stating it affects incoming airflow. While correct, incoming airflow is metered and does not require a change to the MAF transfer table. I noted a few exceptions to the rule (non-maf and o2 transport delay).

I think you are confusing MAF voltage feedback with MAF voltage calibration.

100% spot on, the only difference is, Lund leaves o2 transport on adaptive, as do most tuners since not all long tube header manufacturers have the same distance from factory o2 location, or similar amongsts themselves.

He is just awesomely knowledgable. As are many of the members here. So you better know what you are talking about if you want to take any of them on.

Thanks, I just play a smart guy on tv though :D

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
did I not agree he seemed knowlegeable, lol guess you felt the need to stroke his ego for w/e reason..............but ok

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
did I not agree he seemed knowlegeable, lol guess you felt the need to stroke his ego for w/e reason..............but ok

I said he is. You said he seemed to be. Not sure why I am not allowed to state a fact rather than an opinion.

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
yes, exactly what I said above.

so somewhere between 4-6 pulls were done before the "cammed tune" file was used.

So with that in mind, you see no reason why the final pull would show lower power numbers?

Its not like we hot lapped the dyno. Each pull had plenty of cool down time. The last Bama pull made was higher than the First. Then the car cooled while I uploaded the Lund tune and made another pull.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow you must have been there all day then

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
Why do you say that? While the revised tune loads the car is cooling... I don't understand what you are getting at to spit it out.

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
is this a prelude to tonight? :yuck:

Aww, you guys have a good time tonight.

Why do you say that? While the revised tune loads the car is cooling... I don't understand what you are getting at to spit it out.

Did you use any method to cool down between runs? I must have missed it. Did you say how long the cool down periods were between runs?

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Each pull had plenty of cool down time.

would indicate that 30+ mins would have passed between each pull

I'm getting at the car had to be much hotter when the last pull was done then the first.

IMO - to level the field between pulls at least 30 mins would have to pass with the fans blowing on the car to cool it down so the ECT would be down. (Unless you have a EH2O - which I don't think you have)

it's obvious we each have our view and not much is going to change by continuing the conversation - so I'm done here as my head hurts

Did you use any method to cool down between runs? I must have missed it. Did you say how long the cool down periods were between runs?

no he didnt

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
Each pull was done at Op. temp.
Just get over the fact that the Lund tune made less HP. Im not talking 5 or 6 ponies Im talking 20+. A slightly raised coolant temp will not account for 20 hp.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
lets face facts, we all disagree here, the thing that ,disturbs me is, while the fact that the runs will vary from the beginning to the last pull, if the tunes were reversed and the Bama tune was loaded and dynoed last there would be no argument what so ever that the results were accurate, but because it was a Lund tune and this a predominately pro Lund board, the dyno operator either fixed the readings or other variables this cannot be accurate. and I will say once again, I do believe there would be an obvious advantage from the first dyno pull to the last pull

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back