BBK INstall tomorrow

panama

forum member
Reaction score
Beer, band aids and little tiny hands. Bunch of how too's available, esp for the steering rack removal.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Pick up a set of factory gaskets or Percy's ultra seal gaskets. Taking the TPS sensor off the stock throttle body is one p.i.t.a.

StangEd

forum member
Reaction score
When I did my Kooks we dropped the starter, pulled the oil dipstick tube, pulled the motor mounts and jacked motor a little, disconnected the steering column. Had new gaskets and reused all the same bolts. When lining up from the headers back leave it all a little loose and have someone make sure the exhaust tips are where you want them then tighten stuff down.

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
there are a few full how-to videos on youtube for the throttle body. Helped me out a ton, watch it once through first, and then watch it while you install, and its not too bad.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Don't remove the starter, it's not worth the hassle and does not need to come out. For the steering shaft just remove the top bolt near the firewall from the top of the engine, one bolt and swivvels out of the way.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
When I did my BBK headers I removed the dip stick, each motor mount(one at a time) and the starter(It's not that hard to remove and will give you more room, don't forget the top bolt). The steering shaft doesn't need to be completely removed. Just mark it and remove the top bolt and move it off to the side. I don't know how much removing the battery and tray helped, but I did it anyways. It was just easier to do it rather than get frustrated and have to keep moving from under the car to remove more things for clearance.

A flex head ratcheting wrench will help a lot. Wearing gloves will help save your hands. Get the car as high as you can. Get a buddy to help you hold the header while you get the gasket in place and start the bolts.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
^yeah. Time to get the car smogged in a couple months for the first time. Plus it'll help quiet down the car. It already draws a lot of attention from the cops whenever I'm driving around.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back