Bbr o/r x-pipe

squidzx6

forum member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a 2012 5.0 and i need an opinion.

I bought the BBR O/R X-pipe and my plan was to bolt it up to Borla type S axle-backs. Borlas might not happen but i do have a buddy with an 09 Gt500 who will give me his stock ones. 2 part question

1. obvious one will they fit?

2. opinions on the set up? has anyone heard about this set-up or know someone who has this set up?

reason being is i will be most likely installing it this weekend and my friend would drop off his stock gt00 axlebacks.

thanks and any feedback will help with my decision.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry misread your post, the 09 gt500 won't just bolt up. They would have to be welded in. Nor would yours just bolt up to his.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
I think Steve mis-read what he said. I think he missed the year difference.

You'll need the hangers, b/c they are different...and you'll need to keep your factory over the axle tubes and have a muffler shop weld up the axleback itself. But it can be made to fit, it's just not a direct fit.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Unless the muffler shop is going to be cheap this sounds like it's more trouble then it's worth.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Dude, check out the video in my sig. I'm running the BBR O/R X-Pipe and got a pair of Flowmaster Super 44's welded in at an exhaust shop. Total price was under $260. No drone at all and they're very quiet when you need them to be, like getting out of the neighborhood early in the morning, but really sound off when you get on it. I've got stock exhaust from the X-Pipe back to the mufflers. Left the stock resonators in.

squidzx6

forum member
Reaction score
Dude, check out the video in my sig. I'm running the BBR O/R X-Pipe and got a pair of Flowmaster Super 44's welded in at an exhaust shop. Total price was under $260. No drone at all and they're very quiet when you need them to be, like getting out of the neighborhood early in the morning, but really sound off when you get on it. I've got stock exhaust from the X-Pipe back to the mufflers. Left the stock resonators in.

yes i will def check that out. I must especially with the neighbors! Buddy across the street had 2 notices from neigbors saying his exhaust is too loud (08 gt with slp loud mouths i think dont quote me but you get the idea)

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just keep your borlas and Get the xpipe installed. The resonators do keep it pretty quiet and help with the popping.

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
lol jesus everyones confused. The freebie mufflers would probably be cheaper than the Borlas even adding new hangers and welding them on.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Reading on my phone owns, lol. If you can get the mufflers for free it can be done. You can even retain the factory connection so if in the future you want to change them out, you can. I had my Corsa's from my 2008 installed on my 2012. Cost 100 bucks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back