BeachMonkey100 Build Thread Pt. 2

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
So I was talking to a few today about my set up and such and the topic of mass air flow sensors came about...

Is it needed that I need a different maf? I'll be using 3" pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body, I mean in what situations is a different maf needed?

Just go with whatever MAF your tuner recommends. Manuel wanted an HPX in my car rather than the HPX-e so that's what I got. (HPX). Jeremy / S&H hooked me up with a great price though, I think they both cost about the same IIRC.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
Yea we can take care of you on the maf. I have a pro-m that is brand new never used i am selling for cheep if you are interested. It is just like the hpx. If you would reather have the hpx we ca. Get that for you. Either way.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
well trans is out of the car, I had problems getting into 5th and reverse (they share the same fork and rail on the 3650). So decided to take it out while I am off work this week to see what's the problem. First thing I noticed is the 5th fork is in fact bent, so that will be getting replaced. I will update tomorrow as of where it stands.

But boy I don't miss getting that thing out, I'm dreading putting it back in the car when it's ready. Forgot how much of a pain in the ass it was to remove and install a transmission. Thank gosh it's not a 6R80 or something like that lol

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
well trans is out of the car, I had problems getting into 5th and reverse (they share the same fork and rail on the 3650). So decided to take it out while I am off work this week to see what's the problem. First thing I noticed is the 5th fork is in fact bent, so that will be getting replaced. I will update tomorrow as of where it stands.

But boy I don't miss getting that thing out, I'm dreading putting it back in the car when it's ready. Forgot how much of a pain in the ass it was to remove and install a transmission. Thank gosh it's not a 6R80 or something like that lol

I'm with you. Pulling my old 3650 made me want to light the car on fire and piss on the ashes.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Lol yeah that's about how I felt today, I am almost willing to pay someone to do it for me. Nah not really but it is close to being that bad. I tilted the motor, loosened the mounts the whole 9... Still a bitch lol

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
I did though manage to coat the snail two weekends ago, I know I'm bad on pics everyone lol. I always take them then forget about them..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419993037.429538.jpg

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
After having the transmission out and tore down/back together. I noticed a few things, some small that were taken care of, but the biggest was the 5th/Reverse shift rail, it was bent.

Here it is on a piece of cold roll (about the flattest you're going to find besides a piece of granite or glass)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420129586.119934.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420129596.193465.jpg

I did have a complete spare 3650 already torn down I got in a really good trade, stole the rail and fork out of that one and swapped, also checked on the piece of cold roll I had for trueness.

Getting ready to get the small things back on the transmission for it to go back into the car and run into this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420129676.049314.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420129686.670399.jpg

The slave cylinder/tob just came apart in my hands, there is a little retaining ring that's crimped around inside and on top to keep the spring and bearing secured down, I go to ford tomorrow to see whether they call it a manufacturers defect or not and replace it or not. If not I have a game plan already for fixing it, it is a gt500 style tob/slave cylinder because I'm running the newer style gt500 twin disk clutch in case any were wondering.

Right now I just feel like I'm running a jack stand race with my buddies in the same predicament.. It never ends lol

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to need another 3650, would you? I want to reclaim some garage space.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
thanks man, but no. I'm pretty sure I'm good on 3650 parts, I traded some rod bolts for a complete 3650 with 30k miles, then buddy of mine swapped to a t56 and gave me his. I need to reclaim some space as well :)

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
I'm still alive everyone! I have been caught up in a lot lately and haven't been able to do much, I totaled my daily 3 weeks ago, had court for a reckless driving ticket I got last April (I got off thankfully), and with work 40+ hours a week and school for 4-5 hours a night it makes for a long day.

I have been acquiring parts slowly but surely.

My latest problem... I can not for my life figure out what the deal is. I added breathers to the valve covers, both pcv' are fine, I drilled and tapped the oil full plug to accent a barb fitting for a filter for a vent as well. No matter what I try the thing leaks oil. I've tried several different o rings, and even another spare cap I had I drilled and tried. Is there any thing else I'm missing? Or over looking?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422718949.362821.jpg

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
From fill plug and the cover, I had a small check valve as the fitting, I changed it to a straight through barb fitting now. I'm thinking it was wanting to vent but had to much pressure and was pushing it out the o ring and Wherever else before it could come out of the valve and through the filter. I'm going to wash it all down and take it for a drive and see what happens. Only cents during hard pulls obviously lol

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
You deleted the pcv right?
Otherwise you are getting positive pressure in your oil pan under load.
Move the pcv hose to the front of the turbo like the air filter.
Then vent to other side with a breather and you should achieve negative pressure in crankcase under boost then.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Is there a ding or nick, etc. around where that o-ring seats? Is it a nice snug fit? If all else fails you know you can have RTV come to the rescue, saved my ass, lol

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
I put the 45 degree elbow back on to see if it helped with the oil problem along with a different style breather. If anything I'm going to get some other o rings. And I have checked the surface, it all looks to be okay. I'm about as confused as ever.

And a lot of people run just straight breathers without messing inside of the covers and never have a problem so why mine is acting up I couldn't tell you.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back