BeachMonkey100 Build Thread Pt. 2

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Well everyone that has followed my first thread of the motor rebuild and trans I have now gotten some miles on the car and though I have had some slight issues which I will discuss, it is now time to progress and gain parts for the turbo build (spring) hopefully.

The previous build thread can be found here:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112887

Finally, after finishing the car and getting it logged and lito tuning it which by the way hands down one of the best I couldn't be any happier with it. I ran into some problems some small that aren't worth mentioning and then one or two that are. I was having a grind in 5th every so often and knew something had to be wrong, so two weeks ago I tore the bottom end of the car apart with the trans still in and removed the back cover, only to pull 5th off and see that a retaining ring holding the 3 struts onto the slider (which utilizes the synchro) popped half way off. I guess I pulled it just in time. Either way, I have pictures and will upload them soon, but I got it all back together that day and refilled the trans got everything right and all I can say is wow, drives and shifts like butter. Can't wait to see what is next. Even though I have the big turbo build started and upcoming I will still be doing small little builds with stuff on other parts of the car in this thread.

I still need a list of things for the turbo build, but I am trying to wait and find deals here and there instead of just buying it all at once for some odd reason.

Anyways it's good to be back on here, haven't been on much due to school and work. Kind of miss all you guys lol

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I do need to get up with you about some parts I will need for that, that I do not have for it. But like I said not rushing I like the suspense of not being finished with it yet lol

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Me either man! But I told myself spring is when I would start. I am waiting for all this cold and nasty weather to be over with. Even though we're in myrtle beach its still not comfortable to be working on crap when it's cold lol

TheBlackPearl

forum member
Reaction score
Me either man! But I told myself spring is when I would start. I am waiting for all this cold and nasty weather to be over with. Even though we're in myrtle beach its still not comfortable to be working on crap when it's cold lol
Haha it's the exact opposite for me. Its finally cool enough to work on my car comfortably.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Lol well good luck man! I just blew to much money this week so I need to re cooperate some of that with in the next month or two before I go doing anything else!

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
On another note does anyone know where to get the CS front and rear bumpers for a decent price? I would love to do the Shelby front bumper but costs way to much for me to convert. Any help appreciated!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
56808690.jpg

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
lol my 3650 thread was pretty detailed and pictorial!

I will have some pictures by the weekend of what I got so far.

When you get up at 4:30 for the day and don't get home until 10:30 it takes a toll and the last thing you think about is pictures, but I'll have some!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back