Best foam gun?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Use a citrus based soap for stripping. Chemical Guys citrus wash and gloss II or red are good for this. Don't use dish soap. Although Seer is effectively dead to the forum, he did give great detailing advice. Dish soap not only strips away wasx/sealants but also takes oils out of the trim and paint.

Yeah I just meant of other soaps. I once heard you could just increase the amount of car wash soap and it would strip it or add a drop or two of APC in the wash solution.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I'm sure in some cases that's true, not quite sure what soap you have on hand so I don't want to blindly give advice. CG citrus wash clear is a good maintenance soap that will not strip if instructions are followed. As for the all purpose cleaner, I can't remember if Seer said anything about using it to strip, but an IPA wipedown would definitely strip off protectants and other crap as well.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
if you're looking for a wash, then as stated teh Chemical Guys is good. You'll need something citrus based but not a degreaser (degreasers are designed to remove elements chemically, where as citrus does it naturally). the best advice is to use a paint cleanser after you wash and after you clay the car, before you reapply wax or do any polishing (btw polishing alone will remove wax 99% of the time).

Isopropyl alcohol also works but I'm not a huge fan because I think it could have long term effects on vinyl and rubber as well, but many use it frequently and often for this case and are doing quite well. In fact, I may just give it another try...just a 2:1 spray bottle of rubbing alcohol

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
if you're looking for a wash, then as stated teh Chemical Guys is good. You'll need something citrus based but not a degreaser (degreasers are designed to remove elements chemically, where as citrus does it naturally). the best advice is to use a paint cleanser after you wash and after you clay the car, before you reapply wax or do any polishing (btw polishing alone will remove wax 99% of the time).

Isopropyl alcohol also works but I'm not a huge fan because I think it could have long term effects on vinyl and rubber as well, but many use it frequently and often for this case and are doing quite well. In fact, I may just give it another try...just a 2:1 spray bottle of rubbing alcohol

I use CarPro Eraser instead of IPA. is that better?

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I just meant of other soaps. I once heard you could just increase the amount of car wash soap and it would strip it or add a drop or two of APC in the wash solution.

You can add APC something like meguirs APC or APC is a good option add little less then an oz to the cannon and it will strip wax/sealants.

I use CarPro Eraser instead of IPA. is that better?
Eraser is good menzerna top inspection is another option

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
yeah I thought about adding a drop of APC in the wash! I am adding Gtechniq to my car over the weekend and have a newish layer of carnuba on there now I am going to strip. The paint has been polished recently so I dont really want to polish the whole car, just spot polish where I need to. I will obviously be doing two wipedowns of Carpro Eraser before the coatings. I am doing C1 and EXO v2 on the paint, and C5 and EXO v2 on the wheels.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to rethink the Dawn. I always treated my trim and vinyl after stripping, so I hope I didin't do any damage. Duragloss sells Squeaky Clean. Have to call them up though, not on the website or anywhere else yet. I keep meaning to try this but I laways forget about it. Made w/ the colaboration of one of the top detailers up in Canada. He does amazing work. Goes by Richy in all the detailing forums.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back