Best foam gun?

07ccdskaterv6

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a pressure washer and a foam gun here in the future, any recommendations? Or things to look for? Thanks

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I have the one that w3bb posted and it works amazingly ive also seen pics of perples and his workings nicely as well. You can't go wrong either way

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Last edited:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I thought about going with a Gilmour but after some research I found out that the foam does not cling as well as the pressure washer attachment. Plus it takes more of the surface contaminants off

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
The pressure washer and cannon is better but the gilmour is still better then nothing at all. WWith the gilmour especially use hot/warm water it can help it foam a little thicker

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
What wash do you guys use with those foam guns? Does it matter?

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I usually use CG honeydew but any soap will work just some foam better then others. Biggest thing is to make sure the soap is PH balanced so it doesn't strip your LSP.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I've just started using the Gilmour and it's a nice one. Right now using the Adams car wash shampoo. Works better than the Meguiar's and Surf City Garage that I was using before.

I'm just now getting more serious about cleaning the car using proper methods & better tools/supplies. But the $40 foam gun still wins over $2-3k for a pressure washer+foam cannon.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
You dont need to spend that on a PW I have the 99 dollar one from Home depot works perfectly and its just strong enough for stuff around the house. And the cannon is like 60-70 plus a fitting its 200 bucks.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I've just started using the Gilmour and it's a nice one. Right now using the Adams car wash shampoo. Works better than the Meguiar's and Surf City Garage that I was using before.

I'm just now getting more serious about cleaning the car using proper methods & better tools/supplies. But the $40 foam gun still wins over $2-3k for a pressure washer+foam cannon.

I have a Honda with a CAT pump 3300 psi 3 gpm ill sell you for half that and easily make a profit!! No seriously, $2-3k will buy you a GX 690 at 6 gpm or so and 3500 psi. WAY too much for a car!!

For home use and occasional car washes, and direct drive Home Depot PW will work just fine.

In addition to detailing cars, I also build detailing trailers as well as pressure cleaning trailers.

Here's a picture of my 3500psi PW at 8GPM. It shoots about 30ft in the air with enough pressure to break up a hornets nest (I just knocked about 30 of them off one of the Rooms To Go stores in pressure cleaning on this run)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377906125.682067.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377906144.029582.jpg

Sorry to kinda hijack this. Just really bored on the road, haven't slept in a bed since Sunday and wanted to spam my life for the last week :)

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I got my step dads old GC 160 2600 psi 2.3 gpm for free. Just had to replace the carb and cam pulley. Ill have $50 in it and $50 in the foam cannon. A little less than $3k haha

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Right on, I'm just looking into maintenance. I've always heard that kitchen dish soap will strip the wax off nicely if that's what you're after.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Right on, I'm just looking into maintenance. I've always heard that kitchen dish soap will strip the wax off nicely if that's what you're after.

I use Duragloss 901. Love it. Stay away from the dish soap unless you want to strip it. I have Dawn in my arsenal just for such a purpose.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
do not use dish soap to strip wax. it also has ingredients in it that will dry out all vinyl and rubber pieces. they make car soaps specifically for stripping wax. Use that. Please.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I believe you can use a higher concentration of the soap and that will strip the wax too, basically you are making the wash stronger. Isnt this true Lupo?

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I believe you can use a higher concentration of the soap and that will strip the wax too, basically you are making the wash stronger. Isnt this true Lupo?

Use a citrus based soap for stripping. Chemical Guys citrus wash and gloss II or red are good for this. Don't use dish soap. Although Seer is effectively dead to the forum, he did give great detailing advice. Dish soap not only strips away wasx/sealants but also takes oils out of the trim and paint.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back