Best LT's for the money?

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I have pypes long tubes, h pipe and hf cats. They do not hang low. Install was clean, they fit perfectly. Sure ARH and Kooks are great products but they cost twice as much as pypes.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use Dynatech headers and they are pretty solid, but I got a great deal on them as well.

Don't use their cats with boost. You have been warned.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd probably get JBA's since I know they don't hang below the frame rails.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score

jawsgt

forum member
Reaction score

TheJimmy

forum member
Reaction score
if you want best bang for the buck find a set of slightly used ones from kooks or ARH

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
That's an apples to oranges comparison. The Mac headers were the only 1-3/4" headers in the comparison. All of the others were 1-5/8" headers. I'm sure you would also see great gains going to 1-3/4" Kooks headers too.

05 convertable
On this set up. pypes long tubes (off raod x UPR stainless) muffler
flowmaster american thunder classic
whipple twin screw supercharger
stock block

461rwhp 422torque

CHANGED TO MAC CERAMIC long tubes
mac long tubes cermaic (off road prochamber ) mac axle back
473rwhp 431torque

The only reason i changed was b/c of this article in 5.0 magazine about 6 or 8 issues ago where they tested kooks, american racing, mac, jba, and 4 others on a 3v and the MAC's came out on top for best hp and best price for what you get and when I read that article i wanted to see if i get same resutls since i had similar set up to what the test car they were using in 5.0 magazine.

i found the link this is what made me switch to MAC
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_0904_s197_ford_mustang_headers/index.html

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back