best stock stage 2 roush tvs 1/4 times

smokinnitto

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a roush stage 2 kit install on my 2013 gt auto. I was wanting to know what time it should turn in 1/4 mile. Just the factory tune only!

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
With the stock Roush tune and cats, I wouldn't expect much better than an 11.50ish with stock converter/gears and a sticky tire. Without the tire, it will be slower.

It's really worth it to just go with an aftermarket tune from VMP/AED/Forced Motorsports/Lund.

smokinnitto

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Im trying to see if it worth going supercharger?

smokinnitto

Reaction score
I was looking at the basic roush tune that comes with the kit. No vmp or aem,lunding etc. Tunes

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
Its definitely worth going supercharger, just use a different tune. When I first bought my car I bought drag radials and a vmp tune. The car went 12.24@114. I then bought a Roush blower and vmp tune and went 10.94@126. That was with stock everything except blower, tune, drag radials on 93 pump gas. Even full stock exhaust with the cats!

I still run a TVS supercharger so maybe I'm biased, but they work...

smokinnitto

Reaction score
Have u changed oil pump gear or is your car still running stock no oil pump gear change.

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
My stock motor was fine until I popped the oil pump gears during a track pass, 10.24@134. I had been fighting some shifting calibration issues and trying to literally test and tune at the track. The 2-3 gear shift hit the rev limiter during the run snd at that power level popped the OPGs.

I planned on pushing harder in the future so I replaces the stock engine with an Aluminator.

I still have the old motor and plan to go through it. Probably put in a foxbody or sell ut when I'm done.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Instead of guessing go out and make a few passes. My guess is a N/A 2011+ car with a good tune, a few bolt-ons and tire will be quicker unless you have done the proper supporting mods.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed. Hard to say times with knowing what suspension/tire/convertor. A stock car with just the TVS, mid 12s if track is decent? Hard to hook that on a stock tire.

smokinnitto

Reaction score
I plan on buying turbo or blower but wanted to go blower and wanted to make sure i spend my money right . Just doing my homework before i purchase the wrong power adder.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on buying turbo or blower but wanted to go blower and wanted to make sure i spend my money right . Just doing my homework before i purchase the wrong power adder.

Item from your first post:
Just the factory tune only!

That isn't going to happen. You will need a tune to run a power adder.

What I would recommend is setting some goals and then decide how to get there. If you are looking to run a certain number at the track...do you have all the supporting mods without the power adder to get there? If not that is where you start. You don't add power then scratch your head on why it doesn't run as good as it should.

Once you build the foundation then decide on the power adder. I have installed/tuned TVS and turbo cars and the answer is very clear to me, turbo. Your cost is higher initially but you don't get stuck buying this or that later down the road. When you want to up the power simply turn up the boost on the boost controller.

Last edited:

smokinnitto

Reaction score
Ok guys i know how to build a fast street car i have 2 of them just dont want to buy parts for this 13 i rather buy a poweradder and thats it. I just dont know much about superchargers. I just want to know the stage i was going to purchase do low 11's in 1/4 and wanted to have a decent car to drive and doesn't overheat. I know old school but not to good on a 2013 but the car is fast for what it is. Plus buying mod parts would even up to the same price as a supercharger kit.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
You don't need a supercharger to run low 11's, that can be done N/A. You need to build the foundation. Last I will say about it.

smokinnitto

Reaction score
I been nitrous , i been turbo i just want to put poweradder on and stay cool (ac) and run good times at track

smokinnitto

Reaction score
Instead of guessing go out and make a few passes. My guess is a N/A 2011+ car with a good tune, a few bolt-ons and tire will be quicker unless you have done the proper supporting mods.

I been to track and my car stock no tune nothing done to it went 12.90 in 1/4 i was pleased with a stock car but i want a power adder no spray scared of turbo with car heating up , so i really looking at supercharging it just wanted guys first time at track with a roush charger and basci tune from roush want time it runs in the 1/4.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
There are a few stock motor/trans CPR turbo cars going high 9's that retain all amenities and drive perfect with zero overheating issues. The kit manufactures username is CPRsm. Craftsmanship is second to none and gives lots of room to grow if you decide to build the motor.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back