BFG or Continental experience ???

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Care to link to the tires individually? This is what I see when trying your link.

Session Expired

alertTriangle.gif
trans.gif
We're sorry. We closed your session for your security/privacy.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have the BFG's on my car now. They provide awesome traction in wet weather!! I found that out just minutes ago driving home during a downpour that was so intense for a few minutes that I had to pull over because I couldn't see. Once the heavy rain let up and there was no traffic around me, I sped up to 75 and these tires felt very planted and responded instantly to my steering inputs. Since it is an ultra high performance summer tire, in the winter, temps below 42° or so, you can spin the tires easily. That's to be expected though. Once you've gone a couple miles and they heat up, they do surprisingly well. I'm looking forward to summer time getting here so I can see how they do when the streets are very hot as well as the tires!

At first, the tires made a lot of noise. But after 500 miles or so, the noise went away. It was also in the high 20's to mid 30's temp wise, so that may explain some of that.

We recently had a week of 70°+ temps. During that time, the car stuck to the road like flippin glue! Can't wait to see how they perform in summer time!

I've put 2k miles on these tires so far and you couldn't tell it by looking at the tires.

wesleyk5

forum member
Reaction score
I would definitley go with the BFG's. Most of my tire customers put a set of Conti's on thier BMW M3's(etc.) and when it is time for a new set they do not want the Conti's again. The BFG's are definitley a better performing tire' wet and dry. They do make a little more noise than the Conti's but on a Mustang that noise is usaully canceled out by the exhaust. My brother got 36k miles out of his KDW II's. And his are staggered 20's, so he wasn't able to rotate. He also had 4 days of HARD road racing on the tires. The center section on the fronts weren't even worn out. He just wanted a new set of 4. In my opinion the BFG's are more of an attractive dread design as well.

NickS

slow3v
Reaction score
I just picked up some KDWS allseasons, I hope they're at least 1/2 as good as you guys say the KDW 2's are!

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Wesleyk5,

Any recommendations for the cheapest place to buy them? Discount wants $250 a piece for those KDW2s!!! As mentioned, looking for 275-40-18s on all 4 corners.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review on the KDW2's, as I am in the market for them as well and am about to pull the trigger on them in the next month.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what was the reason the BMWs didnt want them again? Both are about equal in reviews on tire rack website, other than the KDW2s being noisy (exhaust will mask that)????

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Cheapest I found the BFGS was on tire rack at 229 cheapest I found Contis was $178 on sale from regular price of $219, Discount will match both, just need to decide.

wesleyk5

forum member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what was the reason the BMWs didnt want them again? Both are about equal in reviews on tire rack website, other than the KDW2s being noisy (exhaust will mask that)????
The Conti's are not very sticky and don't last as long as some of the other tires out there.

horseplay

forum member
Reaction score
BMW's also wear tires out alot quicker than other cars with staggered patterns. I work for BMW and we get alot of people that go with Michelins when the Conti's wear out. I bought a set of KUMHO Ecsta ASX's for my Stang, they have 45,000 miles on them and probably have another 10k to go. I don't rotate them as often as I should, they are quiet, handle great in the rain and I cut a 1.89 60's on them at the track.

wesleyk5

forum member
Reaction score
BMW's also wear tires out alot quicker than other cars with staggered patterns. I work for BMW and we get alot of people that go with Michelins when the Conti's wear out. I bought a set of KUMHO Ecsta ASX's for my Stang, they have 45,000 miles on them and probably have another 10k to go. I don't rotate them as often as I should, they are quiet, handle great in the rain and I cut a 1.89 60's on them at the track.
You mean to say the BMW's MURDER the inside shoulders. And yes i do replace alot of Conti's with Michelins and Pirellis.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I will never buy Conti's again, mine had a vib at 50/60, could not bal it out. I have had BFG's since the 70's never had a problem. The new ones you are looking at make alot of noise though. I am running Nittos now love them. 555's

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Found the BFG KDW2s for 190 online, Discount Tires matched the price and ordered them for me!

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Well the BFGs are out, NOBODY in my area has them, Discount Tire says 5-7 days to get them, I needed tires YESTERDAY they are so bad!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back