Biggest Bang for your Buck Performance Mods

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
You don't need to upgrade the whole car to have a fast street car that runs good at the drag strip and still gets good mpgs.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I think nitrous wins for best bang for buck on any car. If you know what you are doing you can even scalp most of your parts off of CL.

The thing is if you want to keep building nitrous can get just as expensive as anything else.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
A friend of mine loves his nitrous. Mostly because a blower for his car is expensive. But it seems like it he always needs to fill the bottle. And it seems like his last couple of fills have mostly been air. He gets 3 or 4 hits and then nothing.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Plus $50 bucks a bottle adds up :/

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Nitrous is awesome imo for a car you don't plan on owning for a while, but if you really like the car, and plan on having it for a while, just go for the boost route instead. It does seem like you're always out of the stuff when you need it most.

On the other hand, I can't sit here and tell you it's unsafe when I've ran dozens of 10, and 15# bottles through each of the 3 vehicles I've had nitrous on without any problems. I also had an 03 Lightning on a ported Eaton, pullied on the crank and blower with 150 shot on top of that, and aside from having to reduce the plug gap substantially, it ate it up like candy.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Nitrous is awesome imo for a car you don't plan on owning for a while, but if you really like the car, and plan on having it for a while, just go for the boost route instead. It does seem like you're always out of the stuff when you need it most.

On the other hand, I can't sit here and tell you it's unsafe when I've ran dozens of 10, and 15# bottles through each of the 3 vehicles I've had nitrous on without any problems. I also had an 03 Lightning on a ported Eaton, pullied on the crank and blower with 150 shot on top of that, and aside from having to reduce the plug gap substantially, it ate it up like candy.
I want a bottle fed car, but Id have to put it on a car I dont care as much about. If I was to K.O. my GT from nitrous I would die a little lol. If I had a SN95 with the windsor, then 347 stroker and bottle would be my first choice.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Way back in the day I had some bottle fed cars. That shit is just way too much work IMO. If it was a track car that I was looking for 1/4mi times out of and I was there a lot the bottle is something I would consider going to. But for a street car, I aint got time fo dat!

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
You don't need to upgrade the whole car to have a fast street car that runs good at the drag strip and still gets good mpgs.
What do you recommend?

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score

Same here. I have run tons of nitrous through various motors and though I have had some break downs, I have not experienced a fraction of the misfortune that people talk about on the internet and in person.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
84be68b86ba4bfa5995f04cbec4ee4e4.jpg

I just know how this would make me feel if it happened lol

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Oof! First, you shit yourself. Then the realization of what just happened sets in...

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
That hood is about to be an astronaut lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back