Biggest Nitrous Shot? (Built Motor) 3V

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
Any one know the biggest nitrous shot put through a 3V? Just got a built motor(10:1) heads/cams/intake/full boltons and looking to make it a strictly nitrous car.

1) Whats the biggest shot put through a 3V?
2) Any one know the fastest/most power 3V nitrous car?

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
how built is built? and what are the rings gapped to?

"built": forged crank/h beams/10:1 pistons (4032) Should hold around 900 or so.

Ring gap: .024/.028

Interested to know the nitrous 3V record though...

From what I can tell by the list 06TYRFRYR is the current N20 3V holder at 10.878

Last edited by a moderator:

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
with a built bottom you should be able to squeeze 600-700 hp on a "built" bottom end. It all depends on what type of hardware is used. I would say direct port would be the way to go to put large amounts of nitrous through the motor.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
c&l intake manifold with drilled bosses + 250 shot, 2 stage with progressive controller would be the tits. that would be a seriously aggressive setup.

i would be pretty scared to run any higher than a 150-175 without direct port, i would believe the intake manifolds(stock & aftermarket) would begin to puddle pretty bad due to the center plenum area being almost sumped. dont want it to go BOOM.

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Currently spraying 175 through my intake. A buddy sprayed 200 for a little while through his.

Not that I'm any good at drag racing though. lol.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
c&l intake manifold with drilled bosses + 250 shot, 2 stage with progressive controller would be the tits. that would be a seriously aggressive setup.

i would be pretty scared to run any higher than a 150-175 without direct port, i would believe the intake manifolds(stock & aftermarket) would begin to puddle pretty bad due to the center plenum area being almost sumped. dont want it to go BOOM.

a well atomizing system will not have that problem. Safety features like a window switch help as well.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Neal, what plug would a typical 3V guy go with? I don't think they make an iridium plug for the 3V, but could be wrong. Platinum plugs suck for nitrous, don't they?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back