blinking anti-theft light?

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
Today i was doing deliveries for my job (i work at a pharmacy) and after doing about 50 miles of city driving (stop and go, gunning, bumpy roads, etc) i was just coasting in neutral (i have a stick) with the radio blasting (to keep awake) and i felt the car stutter and i saw the anti-theft light blink on and off for about a second and then everything went back to normal. Is this indicative of something bad to come? I already felt bad driving because I checked my oil level the other day and it was halfway up the dipstick (only 2000 miles since last change...5w-30 royal purple).

I was thinking that maybe my car had stalled out in neutral? Sounds weird, but maybe the cold (around 30s) at night and recently here, the other night i turned my car up at night and didnt let it warm up (i had read in the owners manual that you dont have to) and as soon as i backed up the car literally fell on its face, stuttered, lights dimmed, and it about stalled out. This having been just recent, i just feel like they might be related?

Shades

Reaction score
Battery or alternator issue sounds like, get a volt meter and check it out

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
Battery or alternator issue sounds like, get a volt meter and check it out

ill check my alternator, the battery's only 8 months old.. Unless my eH2O is causing some kind of short.... thanks for the advice

Back