BMR K-member with SW headers

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
I'm considering a BMR K-member and wondering if anyone has had fitment issues when installing it on a GT with SW headers?
Kelly from BMR said he hasn't received any fitment issues for Stangs with headers however I need some confirmation before ordering.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nmp0tx

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Our 2011 GT has Kooks.

You know who may have SW.....Beefcake.

PM him and see if he has them.

Beefcake just installed our front suspension.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
I'm considering a BMR K-member and wondering if anyone has had fitment issues when installing it on a GT with SW headers?
Kelly from BMR said he hasn't received any fitment issues for Stangs with headers however I need some confirmation before ordering.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nmp0tx

I jsut got my k-member on, if you want to let me "borrow" those headers I would be more than happy to "test" it for you :p

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Sure. Are you running the K-member on the street with sway bars etc? Any install or fitment issues? What about NVH?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vkvuoz

I was being sarcastic. I wouldnt put them on if they had to come off, too much of a PITA.

Yes, running it on the street with stock swaybars. No fitment issues that I know of, but I didn't get to install it. Stock engine cradle was damaged and replaced during other collision repair, but the shop didn't mention any difficulties and said they wouldn't install it if they had to modify anything.

NVH is significantly increased through the controls, but not overly so as a whole. I'm not even sure I would call it NVH, just being able to feel much more of what the engine is doing.

I've really only driven it about 30 miles since the install. I'm going to get the engine bay all cleaned up then post pics and a short write-up after a few hundred miles.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. I wouldnt put them on if they had to come off, too much of a PITA.

Yes, running it on the street with stock swaybars. No fitment issues that I know of, but I didn't get to install it. Stock engine cradle was damaged and replaced during other collision repair, but the shop didn't mention any difficulties and said they wouldn't install it if they had to modify anything.

NVH is significantly increased through the controls, but not overly so as a whole. I'm not even sure I would call it NVH, just being able to feel much more of what the engine is doing.

I've really only driven it about 30 miles since the install. I'm going to get the engine bay all cleaned up then post pics and a short write-up after a few hundred miles.

Have you noticed any impact on your shifter? I assume the K-member comes with motor mounts, so have you noticed any improvement in shifting (6M)?

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Have you noticed any impact on your shifter? I assume the K-member comes with motor mounts, so have you noticed any improvement in shifting (6M)?

Yes, the shifting does seem improved. I'm still having an occasional notchy shift into second when cold, but I was having notchy/crunchy/grinding shifts into 1-5 before. I'm also running AMSOil MTG in my MT82, but noticed a definite difference before and after the k member.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back