BMR Relocation Brackets

TheKid

Reaction score
I started to install these today with new lower control arms and ran into a problem before I turned the first wrench. My car doesnt have axle weights and any secondary hole in the axle bracket in the vicinity of the relocation bracket's upper mounting hole. Has anyone else ran into this before, what did you do get around it? Car is a very early build 05 GT, Sept of 2004 I believe.

I included a couple pics of each side as well.

I sent BMR a pm but due to the holiday I thought this might be quicker after searching quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_20160703_170801208.jpg
    IMG_20160703_170801208.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20160703_170834606.jpg
    IMG_20160703_170834606.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 15

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
That third mounting bolt is kind of redundant, they used it just because it was there. Unless you're launching on slicks with 1.5 or lower 60' times or putting down more than 500hp then you'll be fine without it.

If it concerns you greatly then just clean up the axle before the install and then bolt them in. Then sometime in the future you can have the brackets welded in place.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
You need to either drill a hole then nut and bolt the bracket in, or have it welded.

Be sure to measure and set your thrust angle before welding or drilling a new hole.

That third mounting bolt is kind of redundant, they used it just because it was there. Unless you're launching on slicks with 1.5 or lower 60' times or putting down more than 500hp then you'll be fine without it.

If it concerns you greatly then just clean up the axle before the install and then bolt them in. Then sometime in the future you can have the brackets welded in place.

It's not just there to be there. It prevents the bracket from rotating backwards and shifting around. Even on street tires that bolt needs to be there or the bracket has to be welded in. Without that third bolt, the back strap can get stressed and fail. It also can cause your thrust angle to be thrown way off.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Dylan. I assumed the back strap carried most of the rotational load and the side bolt was more of a 'just in case'.

TheKid

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with thrust angle and how to set it. How lose does it need to be for drilling the factory brackets ? Thank for help on a Sunday!

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
It's the difference in wheel base from side to side. So you'd measure the wheel base (center of front wheel to center of rear wheel) on both sides and compare the two. Anything over .5" difference is not good. Under .5" is fine, the closer to zero the better. The wheel base should be around 107.1", but no more than 107.25"

TheKid

Reaction score
If they thrust angle is off, how do I adjust it back to near zero without adjustable suspension. I'm using the stock upper arm and mount for now with relocation brackets and non adjustable lower control arms ?!? Seems lile everything would be mounted up without adjustment.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
You can wiggle the relocation brackets fore and aft to lengthen or shorten wheel base, then drill your holes or have them welded.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back