BMR Sway Bars Installed

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just had the front and rear BMR sway bars installed. I must say that this is the best suspension mod I've done to date. I can really notice a difference over stock.

sway1.jpg

sway2.jpg

sway3.jpg

sway4.jpg

sway5.jpg

sway6.jpg

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Those are some sweet under car shots! The billet end links look very beefy!

Did you paint the differential??

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, we painted the axle tubes black since the factory "rust" color wasn't cutting it for me! I also had a Ford Racing axle girdle to put on, but it was missing some hardware, so I have to order another one

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
So how much additional NVH did you notice after adding the K-member??

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I was already planning to do soemthing like POR15 to my differential to get rid of that rust!

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
So how much additional NVH did you notice after adding the K-member??

quite a bit actually. I guess it's worse in the automatics for some reason. I've since gotten used to it and I don't even notice it now.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Nice.

I'm jealous of your under carriage. Inspires me to clean mine again. Too bad my headers are starting to corrode (WTF HOOKER?!!)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Sorry I have to ask this but how does the sway bar even work on the solid rear axle if both wheels are tied anyway?

i understand the front since one side can move independent of the other but the rear?
(noob question but i just can't picture the dynamics)

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Don't think of it as how the WHEELS are tied in, but how the AXLE itself is. While the rear wheels will always be parallel to each other, the entire axle can pitch relative to the chassis. Think of body lean, looking from the rear... One side dips down, the other lifts up, rotating around the axis of the driveshaft (roughly).

The rear ARB doesn't just run from one side to the other, it is also tied into the chassis at two points by the rear endlinks. The bar itself acts as a spring, providing resistance if, and only if, the axis of the rear axle wants to move relative to the axis of the chassis. Stiffer the bar (thicker material, and/or shorter length from link to axle) will tend to resist that angle change more forcefully, essentially transferring more of that load to the other side, since the bar itself is free to "rotate" around it's own axis.

Clear as mud, eh?

The front acts the same way, despite being independantly suspended.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Don't think of it as how the WHEELS are tied in, but how the AXLE itself is. While the rear wheels will always be parallel to each other, the entire axle can pitch relative to the chassis. Think of body lean, looking from the rear... One side dips down, the other lifts up, rotating around the axis of the driveshaft (roughly).

The rear ARB doesn't just run from one side to the other, it is also tied into the chassis at two points by the rear endlinks. The bar itself acts as a spring, providing resistance if, and only if, the axis of the rear axle wants to move relative to the axis of the chassis. Stiffer the bar (thicker material, and/or shorter length from link to axle) will tend to resist that angle change more forcefully, essentially transferring more of that load to the other side, since the bar itself is free to "rotate" around it's own axis.

Clear as mud, eh?

The front acts the same way, despite being independantly suspended.
Thats does make sense, so it's more to keep the axle level than anything else, thanks i was having a hard time picturing that lol the front is easier to see what the sway bar does.. i am doing my homework on suspension thanks for the explanation :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back