BMR Watts Link - Teaser

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Watching this thread since the beginning ... I went for a ride in a buddy's car with a Fays2 link in it, since then I've wanted a Watts link ... the BMR one will most likely be it, but it's looking like it's not gonna be this season ... :/

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Watching this thread since the beginning ... I went for a ride in a buddy's car with a Fays2 link in it, since then I've wanted a Watts link ... the BMR one will most likely be it, but it's looking like it's not gonna be this season ... :/

I am hoping they will be available for order in November.

I wish I could make them sooner, but...it it were only that easy. lol

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I am hoping they will be available for order in November.

I wish I could make them sooner, but...it it were only that easy. lol

Obviously you aren't using the whip enough if it isn't done yet....hit them harder
Hah

claudermilk

Reaction score
So long as it doesn't get back-burnered for S550 parts. That would be very uncool after teasing all of us with it for so long.

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
So long as it doesn't get back-burnered for S550 parts. That would be very uncool after teasing all of us with it for so long.

Seeing how they've already put what looks like a lot of engineering effort into it, I very much doubt they're going to drop it, as it would mean writing off the entirety of that effort. After all, the S550 platform has no use for a Watts Link...

They could back-burner it and revive it at a later time, but then they'd lose the opportunity to sell as many units, as people would just go to other sources for a Watts Link if they don't provide one.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, it may just delay it if anything.....but we will see.

I have a meeting today about our schedule for S197 and S550 development.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Tell them to release this product soon. You tell them I told you that, they'll understand. Tell them it's for me.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Come on Kelly, I've bought about everything in your catalog - I need this! I had to wait way too long for the chassis brace... you can make up for it with this.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
LOL - I love my customers....

I'm trying! I mean, seriously....if our Ford Suspension sales do good, it makes me look good. You think I wanna look bad???!!!

I want the Watts done more than anyone else. I promise.

claudermilk

Reaction score
LOL - I love my customers....

I'm trying! I mean, seriously....if our Ford Suspension sales do good, it makes me look good. You think I wanna look bad???!!!

I want the Watts done more than anyone else. I promise.

You have any doubt the Watts link will sell well? How many of us on this forum alone are just waiting to hear it's released so we can run over to your site 7 fill our shopping carts?

While I'm likely not going to be able to purchase on release day myself, I am definitely in a holding pattern on further research into one waiting on more info.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
^ I don't have any doubts.

That said, we have learned a lot in our 20 year history.

Ever heard of a BMR A-Arm cracking or breaking? Yeah, that was not cool - and we have definitely learned some things over the years, by releasing parts too quickly.

We could start building and shipping them out yesterday - but we are very concerned with how our parts are going to work initially, and years later.

From the moment we start designing, to the release date - we have been in the 9-12 month range. I wish it were quicker, but I also want to be confident that I can say that the part IS the best on the market.

Like stated previously, I am hoping we can start taking orders for them in November.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Yep, I've read the threads and seen the pics. November is soon enough for me, especially if it allows time for thorough durability testing. ;)

I think you are aware that our worry is the knowledge that you have S550's coming and will be under pressure to get parts out for them quickly--which will necessarily slow S197 development. Only so many resources to spread around, right?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I'll durability test the shit out of it. Winter car status. When can I give you my money?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys! We are just swamped...

Here is a shot of the chassis mount brace / propeller mount I can share at this point.

I am pretty happy with this design. We have about 1200lbs worth of scrap metal, from all the Chassis Mount kits we have scrapped.

Hope to be able to share the other pics soon. Trying to be careful on what I share at this time....for a few reasons. ;)

I was going to share these pics a few weeks ago, but I wanted to ensure this was the design we were aiming for.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back