BMR Watts Link WL005 (Impressions, weight, video vs PHB) TBA

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Good vids!

Can't say I have seen anyone mount the pivot with the spacer on the outboard side like you did.

And yes, those bolts are a PITA. Did you get the shorter ones I sent you?

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
Good vids!

Can't say I have seen anyone mount the pivot with the spacer on the outboard side like you did.

And yes, those bolts are a PITA. Did you get the shorter ones I sent you?

Ya i guess I thought the spacer was like a big washer for the hardware. If the spacer and the flat piece on the pivot bracket are the same thickness does it matter?

Ya, i got the new bolts. Those are them. Wont have everything I need until mon-tues is my guess.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I would update, but still don't have everything I need from BMR yet

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'll look into it tomorrow. I thought you would have gotten a package by now.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
Sending the first parts I needed 2-day then the last part I needed UPS ground really threw me for a loop.

It's a good 15 degrees hotter today than earlier in the week too.

:Rant:

Edit: And..... it's in

Last edited:

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
MpTD7nA.jpg

dgSfm8x.jpg

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
This vid invludes on car fottage from the same ange, but as you can see, you see very little to no linkage activity with the brace in the way. I tried magnetically mounting facing the back of the car where all the activity is but I have no flat spots on the body for this and cant mount it on anything moving (axle, LCA relocation brackets ect). I can still do a vertical "side-by-side" with this footage, just not sure how much it will show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9iwA5D060

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the installation videos! I noticed that you are calling the RC position as the 3rd hole, but I was under the impression that BMR numbers them from top to bottom which would mean your is in the 4th hole? Am I misunderstanding? I'm waiting on the correct bolts/parts to install mine.

Thanks!

Last edited:

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
he

Thanks for the installation videos! I noticed that you are calling the RC position as the 3rd hole, but I was under the impression that BMR numbers them from top to bottom which would mean your is in the 4th hole? Am I misunderstanding? I'm waiting on the correct bolts/parts to install mine.

Thanks!

I actually have no idea how BMR numbers them, either I didn't see it or didn't remember them referring to them that way.

When you're under the car and cant even see the top holes from the diff side, it made more sense for in a video showing it to say 3rd hole.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I actually have no idea how BMR numbers them, either I didn't see it or didn't remember them referring to them that way.

When you're under the car and cant even see the top holes from the diff side, it made more sense for in a video showing it to say 3rd hole.

No problem just trying to gather all of the info I can from those who have already installed. How much clearance between the brace and the tailpipe on the driver side? I currently run the BMR panhard bar and brace and I had to add a couple of washers under the brace to keep it from contacting my tail pipe on the drivers side.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
No problem just trying to gather all of the info I can from those who have already installed. How much clearance between the brace and the tailpipe on the driver side? I currently run the BMR panhard bar and brace and I had to add a couple of washers under the brace to keep it from contacting my tail pipe on the drivers side.

I have nothing close to a muffler to brace clearance concern. But I guess it depends on your exhaust.

The sway bar to brace and brace to underbody spare tire well clearance is very very close.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! Good work sir. And yeah, when I personally do things they get 2 day.....when the shop does them, good ole ground. Ha! Sorry about that.

Maybe mounting the camera on the front side, from the opposing angle would be good. It's different, but could still show some nice data.

On that note, I suspect many people are not as concerned about the lateral deflection, as they are the ability to dial in their RC. Throw that pivot high, then at bottom and give us your thoughts. I've been running all kinds of different combos on ours, and I gotta say....with our heavy bar out back and the bottom RC position...it's a fun ride with 650 rwhp. ;)

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
Nice! Good work sir. And yeah, when I personally do things they get 2 day.....when the shop does them, good ole ground. Ha! Sorry about that.

Maybe mounting the camera on the front side, from the opposing angle would be good. It's different, but could still show some nice data.

On that note, I suspect many people are not as concerned about the lateral deflection, as they are the ability to dial in their RC. Throw that pivot high, then at bottom and give us your thoughts. I've been running all kinds of different combos on ours, and I gotta say....with our heavy bar out back and the bottom RC position...it's a fun ride with 650 rwhp. ;)

I'm trying to find a flat metallic spot the camera likes, but the driveshaft and diff make a bit of a barrier.

Havent found a suitable mounting place yet.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I've had the driver's side axle mount bottom out on the body twice since installing it. And this is with the new revised one with more clearance.

I'm not exactly slammed, lowered around 1.6" in the rear and with just me in the car. Happened over sharp bumps/ruts. Right above the axle mount is the fuel filler tube as well so not sure what kind of damage is happening there.

m88cxZB.jpg

Gotta say I'm not excited about the prospect of taking this thing apart again.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of it, "as-is" so I can see it?

We currently have Konis, with a 200lb rear spring that dropped the car 1.45" - and are using stock cut bump stops. We have not had this issue with it. We did have issues with the previous height bracket (why we shortened it)

Please post some pics when you can. Thus far, I have not heard of any others making contact.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Where it is hitting. There should be witness marks on the chassis, and the part.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Also, I would like to know what kind of travel you have, and what your spring rates are.

You stated that the car is dropped 1.6" - how much travel do you have past that point, in compression?

Are you using the OEM style, or Eibach/FRPP bump stops? If so, how tall are they?

I just don't see how this is happening. On our car, dropped 1.50" - we have a ton of room between the axle mount and the chassis.

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I'm at work. Not sure if I would be able to get my arm up there to take a picture of anything specific, especially said marks after two contacts. Maybe a gopro after work.

And putting it on jack stands again, I plan on modifying it if i'm going to be under there again.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back