BMR Watts Link WL005 (Impressions, weight, video vs PHB) TBA

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I cut the driver's side axle bracket down till there was barely a sliver left before the top hole then painted the cut off end red again. Not worried about the top hole reinforcement since i don't plan on running it anyways.
The increased clearance has so far not shown any signs of bottoming out on my canyons runs.

I also tried mounting the GoPro showing the business end of the brace, but the angle was a bit weird and not enough light, saw more shadows moving around than anything.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Aside from the modifications made to the Watts is there anywhere you have posted on your thoughts of the handling. Maybe I missed where it's posted

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I made some mention on SVTP.

I havent had it on the track to gauge it under the extremes of traction. But so far the ride quality in the rear is improved.

I've been applying power sooner out of corners, sort of a confidence feeling coming from the rear - and the car's been responding very well to this. However I can't say the PHB would have prohibited this either. Could just be the confidence.

The rear can still be unsettled from whoops/ruts and bumps because it's still a SRA. I'd say transitions are the most noticeable effect so far. On banked chicanes where the suspension compresses and expands and going from where it wants to understeer and where it would normally oversteer is where it really feels great. I'm guessing that's more of a roll center change than anything else?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back